Take That! M. Night Shyamalan Has to Defend Career to Reporter (Video)
By Moviefone Editors Posted Jul 23rd 2010 03:45PM
Even though 'Airbender' recently passed the $100 million mark at the US box office (making it his most successful outing in years) the reviews have certainly been horrific and, in many cases, aim to tear down Shyamalan as much as possible. One reviewer sums the director up as "once regarded as the most exciting talent in film, he now sits pretty as the laughing stock of Hollywood."
Now, a reporter tells Shyamalan to his face that he's lost it and is a sell-out.
His answer is particularly uncomfortable. ("I think if I thought like you I'd kill myself. Everything you said is the opposite of my instinct as an artist. The way you just thought, I literally would kill myself.") Also, watch as his right hand man on the panel begins to try a round of clapping that really doesn't take with the audience.
The director continues to go through his oeuvre while appearing quite peeved at the line of questioning. Want to be uncomfortable? Watch It Here:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- 'Silkwood': Read THR's 1983 Review
- Stephen Hawking's 5 Most Mind-Blowing Quotes
- How the Media Covered The Real Events That Inspired 'Foxcatcher'
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- 10 of the Greatest Movie Transformations Ever
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Snags Brenton Thwaites, Possibly Javier Bardem