Take That! M. Night Shyamalan Has to Defend Career to Reporter (Video)
By Moviefone Editors Posted Jul 23rd 2010 03:45PM
Even though 'Airbender' recently passed the $100 million mark at the US box office (making it his most successful outing in years) the reviews have certainly been horrific and, in many cases, aim to tear down Shyamalan as much as possible. One reviewer sums the director up as "once regarded as the most exciting talent in film, he now sits pretty as the laughing stock of Hollywood."
Now, a reporter tells Shyamalan to his face that he's lost it and is a sell-out.
His answer is particularly uncomfortable. ("I think if I thought like you I'd kill myself. Everything you said is the opposite of my instinct as an artist. The way you just thought, I literally would kill myself.") Also, watch as his right hand man on the panel begins to try a round of clapping that really doesn't take with the audience.
The director continues to go through his oeuvre while appearing quite peeved at the line of questioning. Want to be uncomfortable? Watch It Here:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Formerly anonymous Bill Cosby accuser reveals her name, story
- What did 'Back to the Future Part II' get right - and wrong- about 2015?
- Ringling Bros. eliminating iconic elephant acts from performances
- 'Empire': Mo'Nique Says She Was First Choice to Play Cookie, Danny Strong Responds
- Eastern European Movie Showcase Cottbus Appoints New Artistic Director
- Michael Sheen to Share Career Insights at London BAFTA Event
- 30 Comedy Movie Mistakes So Funny They Hurt
- Best of Late Night TV: Conan In Cuba and Zoe Kravitz's Game of Beer Pong (VIDEO)
- Dave Franco Facts: 10 Things You Didn't Know About the 'Unfinished Business' Star