Maroon 5 Join Arizona Boycott Over Immigration Law
By Steve Baltin Posted Jul 23rd 2010 12:15PM
When PopEater recently visited Maroon 5 in Los Angeles, frontman Adam Levine said it was a tough choice to cross Arizona off any touring they'll be doing for their upcoming 'Hands All Over' album.
"I did an interview in Tucson on the radio. [The host] asked about playing there," Levine recalled. "I said it was a really difficult decision to make because we have fans out there that are being penalized essentially by us not playing, so it's a really difficult decision to make. It really kind of comes down to what feels right, and it really didn't feel right to play there and reward Arizona for what we thought was a really bad decision."
Levine and the rest of his bandmates are aware that with controversial issues like the Arizona law, which will go into effect July 29, there is often a backlash against artists speaking out.
"We're just citizens. It's always good to look at everything that we're talking about, discussing, debating or standing up for as an issue," he said, "not to grandstand, necessarily, our beliefs, but kind of just follow our hearts, as cheesy as that sounds, and say, 'Look, this is how I feel, so I'm going to do this.'"
Maroon 5's tour kicks off July 30 in Saratoga Springs, NY, and runs through October. 'Hands All Over' is due out Sept. 21 from A&M.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- No background check done on Michael Jackson's doctor, lawyer says
- Break Time: Tan Mom makes an unfortunate music video
- ?Daily Show' co-creator Lizz Winstead sparks outrage with Oklahoma tornado joke about conservatives
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Can 'Idol' Be Saved?
- LOOK: Bill Murray Is Not Impressed By Baby Who Doesn't Like Him Either
- WATCH: 'Scandal' Star Visits 'Criminal Minds' Finale
- ?Dancing With the Stars': Your Hidden Gems of the Season 16 Finals!
- ?The Bachelor's Funniest Moments': Bloopers, bugs, booze, and boobs
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- Extra Scoop: Brad Pitt's Esquire Confession: ?I Have Very Few Friends'
- How You Can Help Victims of the Oklahoma City Twister
- Robert and Leslie Zemeckis Talk Burlesque at The Grove
- American Idol's Allison Iraheta Is Married: Report
- Brad Pitt Talks Drug Use, Says He Had an "Epiphany" 10 Years Ago; Robert Pattinson Moves Out of Kristen Stewart's Home: Today's Top Stories
- Jesse James Accidentally Cuts Off His Finger, Says He Doesn't Need Morphine