Maroon 5 Join Arizona Boycott Over Immigration Law
By Steve Baltin Posted Jul 23rd 2010 12:15PM
When PopEater recently visited Maroon 5 in Los Angeles, frontman Adam Levine said it was a tough choice to cross Arizona off any touring they'll be doing for their upcoming 'Hands All Over' album.
"I did an interview in Tucson on the radio. [The host] asked about playing there," Levine recalled. "I said it was a really difficult decision to make because we have fans out there that are being penalized essentially by us not playing, so it's a really difficult decision to make. It really kind of comes down to what feels right, and it really didn't feel right to play there and reward Arizona for what we thought was a really bad decision."
Levine and the rest of his bandmates are aware that with controversial issues like the Arizona law, which will go into effect July 29, there is often a backlash against artists speaking out.
"We're just citizens. It's always good to look at everything that we're talking about, discussing, debating or standing up for as an issue," he said, "not to grandstand, necessarily, our beliefs, but kind of just follow our hearts, as cheesy as that sounds, and say, 'Look, this is how I feel, so I'm going to do this.'"
Maroon 5's tour kicks off July 30 in Saratoga Springs, NY, and runs through October. 'Hands All Over' is due out Sept. 21 from A&M.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lana Del Rey: I slept with 'a lot' of guys in the idustry but couldn't get a record deal
- Heavy metal recording contract for 3 New York City middle school boys gets judge's approval
- Sharks circling David Gregory at 'Meet the Press'?
- Former Destiny's Child Member Farrah Franklin Speaks on Her Arrest, Finds God
- ?RHONY' Star Aviva Drescher Explains Why She Threw Her Prosthetic Leg
- Hot Trailer! One Direction Is Headed to a Theater Near You!