Report: Zsa Zsa Gabor Lies in Critical Condition
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 23rd 2010 05:01PM
Her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, told Reuters, "The doctors want to observe her over the weekend to make sure her condition improves, but right now it is not looking good."
Gabor's condition is a shocking turnaround from her status following surgery on Monday. "This is the happiest day of my life," her husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt told reporters outside their home Monday afternoon.
Von Anhalt did not tell Reuters that his wife was technically in a coma, although she was not responding to people. In addition to the broken hip Gabor underwent surgery for, she also suffered a concussion. Von Anhalt says doctors are concerned her condition will continue to take a turn for the worse.
Gabor was watching 'Jeopardy' at her home in Bel-Air, California on Saturday night when she fell when trying to answer a phone call. Gabor has been partially paralyzed since a 2002 car accident -- publicist John Blanchette describes her as "pretty much bedridden and wheelchair-bound for the last eight years."
The glitzy star of such films as 'Lili' and 'Moulin Rouge' had a stroke five years ago and was originally listed in serious condition at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center after the fall.
Von Anhalt said the surgery lasted three hours and "went well" in spite of the risks involved. "It is a dangerous surgery at her age," he noted. He said Gabor received care from the same surgeon who repaired California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger broken femur in 2006.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Country singer RaeLynn reveals secret about former 'Voice' coach Blake Shelton
- Justin Bieber compares his fender bender to Princess Diana crash
- Hello Kitty not a cat, expert says
- Faye Dunaway to Be Honored at Lyon's Lumiere Film Festival
- New York Film Festival Director Protests Beijing Indie Fest Shutdown
- 'Doctor Who' Traveling to Minecraft on Xbox
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- 'Saw' Will Be Back in Theaters to Terrorize You This Halloween
- Meet Chibatman, the Caped Crusader Riding Around Japan (VIDEO)
- YA Movie Parents Who Don't Suck