Casey Affleck Calls Sex Harassment Lawsuit a Case of Sour Grapes
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 24th 2010 08:37AM
Amanda White, a producer on Affleck's film about his brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix, filed a $2 million lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday claiming the actor-director lobbed "unwelcome sexual advances in the workplace" and once violently grabbed her after she rebuffed him in the bedroom.
Afflecks lawyer, Michael J. Plonsker, quickly shot back at the allegations, calling them "preposterous and without merit" and suggested that White is trying to get back at Affleck and other producers for her removal from the project, a quasi-documentary about Phoenix's foray into rap music titled 'I'm Still Here.'
"Ms. White was terminated from the production over a year ago," Plonsker said in a statement to PopEater and other outlets. "She and her lawyers believe that this maliciously and erroneously filed complaint will cause the producers to succumb to her outrageous and baseless demands. She is mistaken."
Besides charges of sexual harassment, White also claims she wasn't paid for her work as a producer on the film.
In her lawsuit, White claims Affleck referred to women as "cows" and he "discussed his sexual exploits and those of other celebrities." She also alleges Affleck attempted to get her to spend the night with him in his hotel room while they were in San Francisco. After she said no, he "became hostile and aggressive" and "violently grabbed her arm in an effort to intimidate her into staying."
Plonsker said the actor intends to file cross-claims against White as well. White has likely known Affleck for years; she worked as an assistant to the executive producer on 'Good Will Hunting,' the Oscar-winning 1997 film in which the actor appeared alongside his brother Ben.
The actor is married to Phoenix's sister, Summer, and has two children.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- Ed Sheeran "Feels Bad," Says He'll Apologize to Miley Cyrus After Calling Her a Stripper
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets