Daughter: Zsa Zsa Gabor 'Not on Any Death Watch'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 24th 2010 11:07AM
Zsa Zsa Gabor's daughter is strongly denying reports being fueled by her mother's ninth husband that the actress is on her death bed following hip surgery. "She is not in a coma. She is not on any kind of death watch. She is responsive and on medications. All vital signs are still going strong, and she is talking," Constance Francesca Hilton said in a statement to Reuters.
Hilton issued the statement while visiting her mother at the Los Angeles hospital where Gabor is recovering from hip surgery earlier this week. Her father is the late hotelier Conrad Hilton, Gabor's second husband.
Gabor's ninth husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt said earlier on Friday that Gabor, who is in her 90s, was in critical condition and was unresponsive, adding, "the doctors want to observe her over the weekend to make sure her condition improves, but right now it is not looking good."
If her husband is being truthful, then it would be a shocking turnaround from her status following surgery on Monday. "This is the happiest day of my life," von Anhalt told reporters outside their home.
In addition to the broken hip Gabor underwent surgery for, she also suffered a concussion.
Gabor was watching 'Jeopardy' at her home in Bel-Air, California on Saturday night when she fell when trying to answer a phone call. Gabor has been partially paralyzed since a 2002 car accident -- publicist John Blanchette describes her as "pretty much bedridden and wheelchair-bound for the last eight years."
The glitzy star of such films as 'Lili' and 'Moulin Rouge' had a stroke five years ago and was originally listed in serious condition at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center after the fall.
Von Anhalt said the surgery lasted three hours and "went well" in spite of the risks involved. "It is a dangerous surgery at her age," he noted. He said Gabor received care from the same surgeon who repaired California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger broken femur in 2006.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Sons of Guns' canceled after star Will Hayden arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping minor
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Cast: Janel Parrish, Lolo Jones, Antonio Sabato Jr. Among Contestants
- Tyler Perry Wouldn't Have Done Gone Girl If He'd Known How Popular It Was
- Ed Sheeran Slams Miley Cyrus Feud After VMAs Drama, Says He's "Never Met Her"
- It’s Over! Mariah Carey Drowning Her Sorrows Over Failed Nick Cannon Marriage —‘She Drinks Champagne Till Dawn’
- Killer Cocktail: Drew Barrymore's Sister Died Of Drug Mix, Toxicology Report Shows ? Meth, Painkillers, Benzos & MORE!
- Jon & Kate Gosselin’s Custody Battle Heats Up —‘He Would Love To Get Total Custody Of The Kids,’ Says Source