Eric Roberts in 'Rehab' for Rx Marijuana Habit
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 26th 2010 05:14PM
The 'Pope of Greenwich Village' actor has been off hard drugs and alcohol for 15 years, Eliza Roberts tells E! News. "He has no interest in anything, other than marijuana."
Roberts has anxiety issues, so he turned to doctor-prescribed weed for relief after traditional medication did not agree with his body. He had no such issue with the marijuana. "However, a dependency is a dependency and he doesn't want to be dependent on it anymore."
A rep for the actor has already tried to downplay Eliza Roberts' revelation, saying the actor is seeking help "not for any serious drug/substance, or prescription drug abuse problem.
The 'Celebrity Rehab' cast also includes reality TV star, Jason Wahler, Tiger Woods' mistress, Rachel Uchitel and 'Party of Five' star Jeremy London.
"Eric Roberts is my roommate and is simply amazing. He's an incredible person." London told RadarOnline.com. He went on to say the cast is "unbelievably cool," and are all "getting along beautifully."
"Dr. Drew rocks and there is real healing here," London said.
Roberts is the father of Emma Roberts, an young actress who most notably played Nancy Drew on the big screen and also starred opposite her famous aunt in the 2010 romantic comedy, 'Valentine's Day.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner Set to Appear As Woman on Vanity Fair Cover: Details
- Bruce Jenner, Kylie Jenner Bond on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Midseason Finale: Watch a Clip!
- Ethan Embry: Kissing Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait Was "Uncomfortable," She Gave Me a "Big Basket of Breath Mints!"
- Put Down That Thong, Girl: Granny Panties Are (Apparently) Coming Back in Style
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Shows Off the British Accent He Picked Up From England's Version of Jersey Shore: Watch Now!
- Trista Sutter Reminds Us That the Bachelor Franchise Does Result in Lasting Love...Sometimes!