Eric Roberts in 'Rehab' for Rx Marijuana Habit
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 26th 2010 05:14PM
The 'Pope of Greenwich Village' actor has been off hard drugs and alcohol for 15 years, Eliza Roberts tells E! News. "He has no interest in anything, other than marijuana."
Roberts has anxiety issues, so he turned to doctor-prescribed weed for relief after traditional medication did not agree with his body. He had no such issue with the marijuana. "However, a dependency is a dependency and he doesn't want to be dependent on it anymore."
A rep for the actor has already tried to downplay Eliza Roberts' revelation, saying the actor is seeking help "not for any serious drug/substance, or prescription drug abuse problem.
The 'Celebrity Rehab' cast also includes reality TV star, Jason Wahler, Tiger Woods' mistress, Rachel Uchitel and 'Party of Five' star Jeremy London.
"Eric Roberts is my roommate and is simply amazing. He's an incredible person." London told RadarOnline.com. He went on to say the cast is "unbelievably cool," and are all "getting along beautifully."
"Dr. Drew rocks and there is real healing here," London said.
Roberts is the father of Emma Roberts, an young actress who most notably played Nancy Drew on the big screen and also starred opposite her famous aunt in the 2010 romantic comedy, 'Valentine's Day.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rosie O'Donnell Says The View Often Invites a Fifth Host to "Help", Recalls First Awkward Meeting With Co-Host Nicolle Wallace
- Bill Cosby's Lawyer Says "Black Media" Quotes Were "Misconstrued," Slams "Mean-Spirited" Commentary
- President Obama on Sony Hack: Pulling The Interview Was "a Mistake," Flubs James Franco's Name as "Flacco"
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- New Bill Cosby accuser said she blacked out for two days after comedian drugged her