Eric Roberts in 'Rehab' for Rx Marijuana Habit
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 26th 2010 05:14PM
The 'Pope of Greenwich Village' actor has been off hard drugs and alcohol for 15 years, Eliza Roberts tells E! News. "He has no interest in anything, other than marijuana."
Roberts has anxiety issues, so he turned to doctor-prescribed weed for relief after traditional medication did not agree with his body. He had no such issue with the marijuana. "However, a dependency is a dependency and he doesn't want to be dependent on it anymore."
A rep for the actor has already tried to downplay Eliza Roberts' revelation, saying the actor is seeking help "not for any serious drug/substance, or prescription drug abuse problem.
The 'Celebrity Rehab' cast also includes reality TV star, Jason Wahler, Tiger Woods' mistress, Rachel Uchitel and 'Party of Five' star Jeremy London.
"Eric Roberts is my roommate and is simply amazing. He's an incredible person." London told RadarOnline.com. He went on to say the cast is "unbelievably cool," and are all "getting along beautifully."
"Dr. Drew rocks and there is real healing here," London said.
Roberts is the father of Emma Roberts, an young actress who most notably played Nancy Drew on the big screen and also starred opposite her famous aunt in the 2010 romantic comedy, 'Valentine's Day.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shay Mitchell Splits From Boyfriend Ryan Silverstein After a Year of Dating
- Miranda Kerr Goes Without Underwear, Flashes Lots of Leg in Black Perforated Leather Look in Paris: See the Pictures
- Taken 3 Trailer Released: Liam Neeson Framed for Murder, Beats Up Bad Guys
- Jessa Duggar Compares Abortion To The Holocaust On Instagram ? Read Her Post
- ?Absolutely Green' Khloe Kardashian Admittedly Needed Work On The X Factor, Former Co-Host Mario Lopez Says
- ?Bachelorette' Baby! Ashley Hebert & Husband J.P. Rosenbaum Welcome Son Fordham Rhys
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- Alicia Keys Reveals Her Due Date—Find Out When the Singer Will Give Birth to Her Second Child!
- Rita Ora: String Bean, Asparagus or Cold-Pressed Green Juice? See the Crazy Green Look!
- Diem Brown Speaks About Latest Cancer Battle: ''I'm Really Looking Forward to Having One Painless, Fun Day''