Eric Roberts in 'Rehab' for Rx Marijuana Habit
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 26th 2010 05:14PM
The 'Pope of Greenwich Village' actor has been off hard drugs and alcohol for 15 years, Eliza Roberts tells E! News. "He has no interest in anything, other than marijuana."
Roberts has anxiety issues, so he turned to doctor-prescribed weed for relief after traditional medication did not agree with his body. He had no such issue with the marijuana. "However, a dependency is a dependency and he doesn't want to be dependent on it anymore."
A rep for the actor has already tried to downplay Eliza Roberts' revelation, saying the actor is seeking help "not for any serious drug/substance, or prescription drug abuse problem.
The 'Celebrity Rehab' cast also includes reality TV star, Jason Wahler, Tiger Woods' mistress, Rachel Uchitel and 'Party of Five' star Jeremy London.
"Eric Roberts is my roommate and is simply amazing. He's an incredible person." London told RadarOnline.com. He went on to say the cast is "unbelievably cool," and are all "getting along beautifully."
"Dr. Drew rocks and there is real healing here," London said.
Roberts is the father of Emma Roberts, an young actress who most notably played Nancy Drew on the big screen and also starred opposite her famous aunt in the 2010 romantic comedy, 'Valentine's Day.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ellen DeGeneres and Topless Portia de Rossi Share Bound 2-Inspired Christmas Card: See the Hilarious Card
- Kristen Wiig Returns to Saturday Night Live as Denise For Sound of Music Spoof: Watch Now!
- Fast and Furious 7 Director, James Wan, Says Movie Will Continue Filming After Paul Walker's Death
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Susan Boyle says she has Asperger's syndrome
- Don Rickles recovering from flesh-eating disease
- Is ?Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom' a good way to learn about the life of Nelson Mandela?