Hasselhoff: Reality Show Will Prove Tabloids Wrong
By Amber James Posted Jul 27th 2010 12:40PM
Hayley Hasselhoff isn't letting the tabloids rule her life. But being the daughter of David Hasselhoff means she has big shoes to fill and even bigger obstacles to overcome with the press putting her family through the wringer. Setting out to "prove the tabloids wrong," the Hasselhoffs are filming a reality TV show as evidence that they're a close family, despite allegations of her father's alcoholism. "The biggest misconception is that we're not a close family," Hayley tells PopEater. "We're all best friends."
A&E has ordered ten half-hour episodes of the yet-to-be-titled docu-series, which will air later this year. The show will focus on the family's entertainment endeavors as David oversees his daughters' music careers. Hayley, 17, and her sister Taylor Ann, 20, will be developing an album for their band, Bella Vida, while David will be belting his own tunes, touring in Austria.
"My mom and dad introduced me to such great passions at a young age. I grew up on my dad's set. It's cool to think I followed in their footsteps," Hayley gushes about her family to PopEater.
Reality TV is nothing new for the Hasselhoffs. In 2009, cameras invaded their lives in 'Meet the Hasselhoffs,' but it only got picked up in the UK. Hayley insists her family doesn't need to justify their lives to anyone but hopes the show will give fans insight to the real dynamic that rules the Hasselhoff household. "We're all so close to each other. It's really amazing. They're the first people I call about anything," she adds.
Hayley is also embracing her voluptuous curves in ABC Family's 'Huge,' a teen series that follows the lives of teens at a weight-loss camp. Having struggled with weight loss and dieting for years, Hayley finally let go of the pressures from Hollywood and found that true happiness wasn't in a size zero dress.
"I didn't feel as comfortable with my body at one point ... Now, I'm very comfortable with myself and my body. I'm voluptuous," she says, admitting she'd love to show off her curves in a magazine spread.
"It's beautiful to go out there and show a different shape and different size of a woman. We're not all supposed to be the same size. Why not go out there and advertise for the girls who haven't been on magazine covers in a long time," she says.
As Hayley awaits the announcement of a season two pick-up of 'Huge,' she is focusing on her singing career and has a few movies in development.
Hayley Hasselhoff visits Planet Hollywood Times Square to promote 'Huge' on July 26 in New York.
Hayley Hasselhoff Snapshots
MORE ABOUT David Hasselhoff
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about David Hasselhoff Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Michelle Obama, Mario Lopez and Others Give One Veteran the Ultimate Thanksgiving Reward!
- New Details: How Bill Cosby's Wife Is Handling the Rape Allegations Against Her Husband
- Pic! Mila Kunis Shows Off Body After Baby
- Tori Spelling Confirms Dean McDermott's True Tori Departure; Scott Disick Argues With Kourtney Kardashian Over Need For Space: Top 5 Stories
- President Obama's Teenage Daughters Were Not Impressed During the White House Turkey Pardon -- Watch Their Priceless Reactions
- Jennifer Aniston Calls Justin Theroux Her "Creative Crush", Says He Will Spend 20 Minutes Trying to Scare Her at Night