What's Behind Mel Gibson's Pathological Ranting?
By Jo Piazza Posted Jul 27th 2010 08:00PM
Maybe the answer is that he just can't help himself.
Experts tell us that Mel's continued verbal diarrhea is pathological and deeply ceded in psychological issues.
"Mel is driven by his sexual frustration, fear of abandonment, and disillusionment at the realization that Oksana doesn't love him, but is merely a gold-digger," explains psychiatrist Dr. Carole Lieberman, M.D.
The latest Gibson recording released by Radar Online, has Gibson going after his baby mama Oksana Grigorieva's ex boyfriend, none other than James Bond, Timothy Dalton.
In the new tape, mad Mel says: "Did you get my last message about me being a bad father, and Tim being a great dad now?"
Oksana says "no" and Gibson continues, saying: "You didn't hear that one? Well, you should go and (expletive) him (Dalton), you know, you fickle (expletive), because I don't care."
And that's the nice part of the conversation. After hearing seven of mad Mel's recordings, it really does seem like he has no control over what comes out of his mouth and that in some sick and twisted way, he's actually enjoying what he's doing.
"He seems to be getting some kind of gratification by talk, talk, talking," says life coach and relationship expert Tracey Steinberg. "It seems as though he has a lot of anger and resentment and he doesn't know how to express himself in a constructive and healthy way to people who want to help him. So instead he lashes out at the person who least wants to help him and the angry cycle continues.
Steinberg's advice to Mel, to put an end to his viral venting: "He would be better off treating himself to a nice vacation with people who care about him."
But psychology expert and "Cult of Celebrity" author Cooper Lawrence sees a darker side to Gibson's gabbing. Se believes he is fulfilling an acquired situational narcissism that has struck the star as he approaches the twilight of his career.
"No one is kissing his ass anymore. He's not a big star. The anger that comes with that causes his lashing out. This is no different than when Alec Baldwin called his daughter a little pig," Lawrence explains. "Mel can't shut up because he feels the need to constantly validate himself and he is doing that through his anger. These narcissists lash out impulsively and cant stop themselves. He is out of control. A sane person would have stopped before it reached this point."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato couldn't go without cocaine for '30 minutes to an hour'
- 1980s Johnny Cash songs, never before heard, getting posthumous release
- Break Time: Bar Refaeli bares all for Elle Spain shoot
- Stuart Zwagil Joins Sirens Media as COO
- A24, Demarest Films Pick Up Kevin Smith's Monster Movie 'Tusk'
- Dann Florek to Exit NBC's 'Law & Order: SVU'
- ?Heathers: The Musical' will open Off Broadway in March
- Ylvis' ?The Fox' and 5 other Christmas light shows ? VIDEO
- Tom Hanks Says P.L. Travers Would Absolutely Hate 'Saving Mr. Banks'
- Smaug the Dragon: Five Secrets of 'The Hobbit' Villain
- Lois Lane & Wonder Woman Should Team Up in 'Batman vs. Superman,' Says Amy Adams