What's Behind Mel Gibson's Pathological Ranting?
By Jo Piazza Posted Jul 27th 2010 08:00PM
Maybe the answer is that he just can't help himself.
Experts tell us that Mel's continued verbal diarrhea is pathological and deeply ceded in psychological issues.
"Mel is driven by his sexual frustration, fear of abandonment, and disillusionment at the realization that Oksana doesn't love him, but is merely a gold-digger," explains psychiatrist Dr. Carole Lieberman, M.D.
The latest Gibson recording released by Radar Online, has Gibson going after his baby mama Oksana Grigorieva's ex boyfriend, none other than James Bond, Timothy Dalton.
In the new tape, mad Mel says: "Did you get my last message about me being a bad father, and Tim being a great dad now?"
Oksana says "no" and Gibson continues, saying: "You didn't hear that one? Well, you should go and (expletive) him (Dalton), you know, you fickle (expletive), because I don't care."
And that's the nice part of the conversation. After hearing seven of mad Mel's recordings, it really does seem like he has no control over what comes out of his mouth and that in some sick and twisted way, he's actually enjoying what he's doing.
"He seems to be getting some kind of gratification by talk, talk, talking," says life coach and relationship expert Tracey Steinberg. "It seems as though he has a lot of anger and resentment and he doesn't know how to express himself in a constructive and healthy way to people who want to help him. So instead he lashes out at the person who least wants to help him and the angry cycle continues.
Steinberg's advice to Mel, to put an end to his viral venting: "He would be better off treating himself to a nice vacation with people who care about him."
But psychology expert and "Cult of Celebrity" author Cooper Lawrence sees a darker side to Gibson's gabbing. Se believes he is fulfilling an acquired situational narcissism that has struck the star as he approaches the twilight of his career.
"No one is kissing his ass anymore. He's not a big star. The anger that comes with that causes his lashing out. This is no different than when Alec Baldwin called his daughter a little pig," Lawrence explains. "Mel can't shut up because he feels the need to constantly validate himself and he is doing that through his anger. These narcissists lash out impulsively and cant stop themselves. He is out of control. A sane person would have stopped before it reached this point."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- Comic-Con: Watch the Highlights of Marvel's Presentations (Video)
- Comic-Con: See Captain America's Cracked Shield From 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' (Photos)
- 'Covert Affairs' Star Piper Perabo Marries 'Get Carter' Director
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014