Lindsay Refuses to Leave Jail Until She Gets Hair Done
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 28th 2010 09:10AM
In the clearest sign yet that Lindsay Lohan will get out of jail this week, several top stylists as well as hair and makeup people that Lindsay loves in Los Angeles have been put on call from midnight on Thursday through the entire weekend.
"I am sure Lindsay will be sick of orange and jumpsuits and I definitely think ankle bracelets are out," Phillip Bloch, celebrity stylist and author of 'The Shopping Diet,' tells me. "Knowing Lindsay, I expect her to emerge in some skin tight jeans and some uber-trendy layered top. If I had the opportunity to dress her [Philip dressed Halle Berry when she accepted her Oscar] when she exits jail, I would put her in a soft and flowy sundress a la Natalie Wood. It wouldn't be bad to soften up her image at this point."
Rob Talks Lindsay and More Hot Gossip on 'Wendy Williams'
Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, told the LA Times this week that Lohan's earliest release date would likely be Sunday, Aug. 1. (The actress turned herself in on July 20 and was originally sentenced to 90 days.)
But make no mistake, Lindsay knows very well that the 30-second walk from the jail to her waiting car will be photographed and seen around the world. This is why she is determined to look her best. Which might be easier said than done.
Lindsay Behind Bars
Century Regional Detention Facility, temporary home to actress Lindsay Lohan. More Pics >>
Once Lindsay is told she is free, it will take her around two hours to be processed. During this time she will be able to call her mother, Dina, to come and get her. After all the paperwork is signed, and her belongings returned, she would be free to leave. It is at this point her glam squad has its work cut out for them.
"There is a small, dirty public bathroom in the reception area that she will be allowed to use briefly before she leaves," an insider very familiar with Century Regional Correctional Facility tells me. "She will not be allowed to plug in a hairdryer and get a blow out and she can forget about using a flattening iron. There will be no full-length mirror and only if the corrections officers decide to be nice will they close the area to the public. Remember, everyone who works at that jail hates the press. They don't want to be bothered with all this nonsense and want to rid themselves of Lindsay as quickly as possible."
When Paris Hilton left the same prison a few years ago, image experts choreographed her 30-second walk to her waiting SUV step by step, even down to when she cried out "mommy." Lindsay's exit will be no different and it has already been decided she will leave wearing her own 6126 by Lindsay Lohan brand of leggings.
"This is Lindsay Lohan's chance to hit the restart button. To tell the public she has learned her lesson and wants to start over fresh," public relations expert Ronn Torossian, CEO of 5WPR, tells me. "No crazy messages on her nails, looking calm and collected. She can't look like she's on a fashion catwalk; rather she should walk quickly with her head slightly bowed. She had her roots touched up before she went into prison and has been gone for such a short period of time, she doesn't have to worry about that. Expect little makeup and simple hair pulled back into a ponytail."
And don't forget Lindsay, you are a great actress -- this could be the most important 30 seconds of acting of your career.
Update: The million-dollar post-jail interview I told you about on July 8 hasn't been locked in yet. Stay tuned!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actor Edward Furlong charged with assaulting girlfriend
- Sofia Vergara brags on her backside with sexy selfie
- Then/Now: 'St. Elmo's Fire'
- Johnny Depp Breaks Silence on Split From Vanessa Paradis: It Was 'a Bit Bumpy'
- 'The Lego Movie' Teaser Trailer: Batman and the Ninja Turtles Join Forces (Video)
- 'Dumb and Dumber' Sequel: Universal, Red Granite Rescue Pic
- Bryan Cranston's Reddit AMA: Ryan Gosling's soft skin, Power Rangers, and sarcasm
- ?Man of Steel': The deleted scene that explains the ending?
- Kanye West ?Yeezus' lyric or Lucille Bluth quote? Take our quiz!
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII': Is George Lucas Involved in the J.J. Abrams Reboot?
- 'Anchorman 2' Teaser Poster Revealed, and It's Kind of a Big Deal
- New 'Kick-Ass 2' Trailer: Hit-Girl Gets Her Hits In, Kick-Ass Goes Shirtless