Obama on 'The View': 'I Don't Know Who Snooki Is'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 29th 2010 02:43PM
Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and the rest of the 'View' crew welcomed Obama for what was the first appearance on a daytime talk show by a sitting president. Watch a clip after the jump.
"Should Snooki run as mayor of Wasilla?" asked Behar -- in a reference to Sarah Palin's hometown -- during the rapid-fire round. After chuckling, Obama responded: "I got to admit, I don't know who Snooki is."
(It must have slipped Obama's mind that Snooki, she of 'Jersey Shore' infamy, joined up with his 2008 opponent Sen. John McCain to oppose his tax on tanning beds.)
He was also asked if he knew Lohan was in jail. Indeed he did, however he couldn't quite remember why he would know that. Obama also may not have RadarOnline.com in his bookmarks, as he didn't seem to be too aware of the rage-tastic phone scandal that has sunk Gibson's career.
"Does Mel Gibson need anger management?" Behar asked.
"I haven't seen a Mel Gibson movie in a while," Obama dodged.
The president was booked on the ABC talker in order to reach as many women as possible. He had his own reasons though: "Look, I was trying to find a show that Michelle actually watched -- and so I thought, this is it, right here. All those news shows she's like 'Eh, let me get the clicker.'"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Evangeline Lilly Pregnant, Expecting Second Child — See Her Bump!
- The Bachelorette Recap: Kaitlyn Bristowe Isn't Ready for Hometown Dates, Is She?
- Caitlyn Jenner Steps Out in New York, Looks Gorgeous in Fitted Black Dress and Heels — Plus, That Hair!
- Donald Trump calls NBC 'weak and foolish' after they sever ties with GOP hopeful
- Diddy's son Quincy says his father's arrest was a 'hiccup'
- Why Madonna is on dating app Grindr