Steven Tyler Replacing Kara DioGuardi on 'American Idol'?
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 30th 2010 01:57PM
There are more shakeups occurring in the 'American Idol' house. Following Thursday night's bombshell that Ellen DeGeneres is leaving the show, TMZ sources are claiming Steven Tyler might be joining the judges' panel. When reporters caught up with Tyler late last night in Los Angeles, they asked the Aerosmith frontman who he thought would be a good replacement on the show. Tyler smirked and shrugged off the question.
"We are not commenting on any rumors or speculation," a rep for FOX told PEOPLE.
There is also speculation that Jennifer Lopez has signed on to become a season 10 judge. Reports claim she is close to inking a deal to replace the departing DeGeneres.
DeGeneres announced Thursday that she is leaving the show after only one season, following fellow judge Simon Cowell out the door.
"A couple months ago, I let FOX and the 'American Idol' producers know that this didn't feel like the right fit for me," she said. "It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for. I also realized this season that while I love discovering, supporting and nurturing young talent, it was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings."
Kara DioGuardi, who just completed her second year on the show, is not under contract next year and FOX has not announced if she'll return. Randy Jackson is expected to stay on the panel.
Has 'American Idol' run its course? PopEater asked New Yorkers -- see the video:
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Steven Tyler
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Steven Tyler Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson
- ?Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. to Tie the Knot
- No More Dollar Sign! Kesha Changes Name Spelling, Looks Happy Post-Rehab
- Michael Jackson's Son Controversy: Real Dad Steps Forward
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"