Jesse Metcalfe Talks Bruckheimer and Eyebrows
By Nicki Gostin Posted Aug 1st 2010 05:00AM
Tell me about 'Chase.'
I play one of the five members of a violent offender's task force of the U.S. Marshals. They chase the 15 most wanted fugitives in the country. In the beginning of each episode the fugitive is revealed and then we spend the rest of the episode chasing them.
Do you do a lot of running?
Yes it's a very physical show. There's a lot of running. I definitely added a few things to my workout regime. We also got a lot of specialized training with the FBI and with the U.S. Marshals. We shot different kinds of weapons, we learned how to sweep and clear a house, bit of profiling and tracking strategies.
So if a Marshall called in sick would you be able to pinch hit?
Pinch hit for an actual U.S. Marshall? Maybe not at this stage, I just have enough training to pull it off on TV.
The show is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. Were you nervous working with him? His track record isn't that great.
(Laughs) Are you being facetious?
Yes, of course!
I take this as a great opportunity. I'm very excited because obviously his track record on T.V. is impeccable. This show really cranks it up a notch from the TV procedural dramas.
You became famous overnight. Did it go from 0 to 90?
Yeah, it happened very quickly because the show something of a TV phenomenon. Becoming a quote unquote celebrity was thrust on my very quickly.
Was it weird?
It certainly is a transition and takes some adjusting to going from anonymity to having zero anonymity. It can be a peculiar situation and a strange feeling.
What would your advice be to the next overnight star?
I would say first and foremost you have to be sure you really want it. You have to become informed, I would say I wasn't informed as to what success in Hollywood and celebrity brings. Once you know what you're in for you have to navigate those waters successfully.
You root for the Yankees.
Yeah, they're going to make the playoffs this year, I don't know if they're going to win it all.
Ever thrown out a first pitch?
No never have.
Hello! Let's do a shout out to the Yankees!
(Laughs) Of course I'd love to do it.
Scared you'd mess it up?
I don't think so. I played baseball growing up. I think I can get it over the plate.
My little kid has very thick eyebrows. Any advice?
People ask me that quite often. I don't really do much. They just look the way they look.
Worried about developing a dreaded uni-brow?
No, that's not something I worry about.
What do you worry about, Jesse?
Nothing much at the moment really. I'm too preoccupied with the show. I guess I worry about my girlfriend.
How long have you been going out?
We've been going out off and on for a while now.
Do I hear wedding bells?
I think you may be jumping the gun a little bit.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Conceals Baby Bump After Pregnant Pilates Class!
- Kate Middleton, Prince William "Reluctantly" End Royal Tour With Visit to Parliament House, Governor's Reception
- Simon Cowell "Loves" Fatherhood With "Dream Baby" Eric, Says Ex-Girlfriend Terri Seymour
- Joan Rivers Won't Apologize For Jokes About Cleveland Kidnapping Survivors
- George Clooney Storms Out Of Dinner After Heated Political Chat With ?A**Hole' Casino Head Steve Wynn
- Traci Bingham tried to dine and dash after credit card declined, report says
- Meg Ryan joins the cast of 'How I Met Your Dad'
- Wardrobe whoopsies: On purpose, or an accident?
- Prince William Recalls "Wonderful Memories" With Kate Middleton and Prince George in Australia
- Avril Lavigne Laughs Off Racist Backlash Over "Hello Kitty" Music Video: "I Love Japanese Culture"
- Grumpy Cat Takes Over American Idol, Arrow's Shocking Death and More OMG TV Moments