Lady Gaga Speaks Out Against Arizona Immigration Law at Phoenix Concert
By Steven Avalos Posted Aug 2nd 2010 12:15PM
Gaga even alluded to calls she'd received from some "really big rock and rollers, big pop stars, big rappers" asking her to boycott performing in the embattled state, but she admitted she went ahead with the show for her fans. Gaga called the concert a political statement in itself: "The nature of the 'Monster Ball' is to actively protest prejudice and injustice and that bulls**t that is put on our society," she said. "Because you're a superstar no matter who you are, or where you come from. And you were born that way."
Lady Gaga Snapshots
Lady Gaga performs at the Air Canada Centre on July 11, 2010 in Toronto, Canada. Lady Gaga In Concert - Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre Toronto, ON Canada July 11, 2010 Photo by George Pimentel/WireImage.com To license this image (61027973), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Heidi Montag steps out after removing breast implants
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled after report Mama June dating sex offender
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Is Tori Spelling Having a Nervous Breakdown?
- Mama June: ?It Isn't True' She's Dating Convicted Child Molester
- Jessica Simpson Posts Super Cute Pic of Her Son