Lady Gaga in Vanity Fair: 'I'm Perpetually Lonely'
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 2nd 2010 10:57AM
Lady Gaga's monstrous fame has earned her the cover of the September issue of Vanity Fair.
Inside the magazine, she talks about her relationships and how she feels she'll always be alone. "I'm perpetually lonely. I'm lonely when I'm in relationships. It's my condition as an artist," she says.
She is also a little paranoid about having relationships. "I have this weird thing that if I sleep with someone they're going to take my creativity from me through my vagina."
The singer also frankly discusses her battle with drugs: "I was completely mental and had just been through so much," but reveals that she is "terrified of heroin" and still does "mostly cocaine."
She admits to drug use, but strongly cautions her fans: "I do not want my fans to ever emulate that or be that way. I don't want my fans to think they have to be that way to be great. It's in the past. It was a low point, and it led to disaster."
How her mother responded: "All I will say is I hit rock bottom, and it was enough to send a person over the edge. My mother knew the truth about that day, and she screamed so loud on the other end of the phone, I'll never forget it. And she said, 'I'm coming to get you.'"
Her grandmother's advice: "I cried. I told her I thought my life was over and I have no hope and I've worked so hard, and I knew I was good. What would I do now? And she said, 'I'm gonna let you cry for a few more hours. And then after those few hours are up, you're gonna stop crying, you're gonna pick yourself up, you're gonna go back to New York, and you're gonna kick some ass.'"
Vanity Fair: Get More of Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga Snapshots
Lady Gaga performs at the Air Canada Centre on July 11, 2010 in Toronto, Canada. Lady Gaga In Concert - Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre Toronto, ON Canada July 11, 2010 Photo by George Pimentel/WireImage.com To license this image (61027973), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Renee Zellweger: 'Perhaps I look different -- who doesn't as they get older?!'
- Celebrity Playboy cover girls
- Florida Georgia Line: We're 'professional partiers' and smoke pot
- Hear the ?Voice of Italy'-winning nun's cover of Madonna's ?Like a Virgin'
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Baby News! Cobie Smulders and Taran Killam Are Expecting
- What Are Kerry Washington's Makeup Must-Haves?
- The Palin Family Brawl in Alaska: Listen to Bristol Describe Her Beatdown!