Lindsay Lohan Released From Jail, Heads to Rehab
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 2nd 2010 06:15AM
The actress was released from jail after serving 13 full days of her 90-day sentence for violating her probation stemming from a 2007 DUI. Lohan was freed early due to good behavior and overcrowding at the jail.
After leaving the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California, the 'Mean Girls' star reported to rehab to fulfill the second requirement of her sentence -- that she spend 90 days in a full-time rehabilitation facility.
"She was released at 1:35AM. She has been sent directly to her next destination, which is a treatment center. And she will now be under the supervision of the LA County probation department. This concludes her custody," Los Angeles Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore said, according to PEOPLE.
Lohan was originally set to enter Morningside Recovery, but over the weekend, Judge Marsha Revel changed her mind, opting to allow Lohan to seek treatment at UCLA Medical Center, TMZ reports.
"There was concern that [Morningside Recovery] was not a secure enough facility," the district attorney's office told PEOPLE.
Lohan will spend 90 days in rehab. After that, she will be on probation until August 2011.
Her legal woes began in June 2007, when she was taken into custody for suspicion of drunk driving and cocaine possession. Just a month earlier, she was arrested on another DUI charge.
Following her first DUI, Lohan spent 84 minutes in jail after pleading guilty to two misdemeanor counts of being under the influence of cocaine and no contest to two counts of driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 percent and one count of reckless driving.
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
BEVERLY HILLS, CA - JULY 20: Actress Lindsay Lohan surrenders at the Beverly Hills Courthouse to serve her 90 day jail sentence on July 20, 2010 in Beverly Hills, California. Lindsay Lohan was found in violation of her probation for the August 2007 no-contest plea to drug and alcohol charges stemming from two separate traffic accidents. (Photo by Al Seib-Pool/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Lindsay Lohan
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna urging Americans to take a moment of appreciation on Memorial Day
- 'Duck Dynasty' inspires greeting cards, cigars and other merchandise
- BBC Axes Digital Initiative, Saying It 'Wasted a Huge Amount' of Money
- German Soccer Rules Europe, Can It Conquer the World?
- Cannes: 'Magic Magic' Stars Juno Temple, Michael Cera on Culture Shock in Chile (Video)
- Season Finale Round-Up: Our TV critics on ?The Office,' ?Bates Motel,' ?Doctor Who,' ?Arrow,' ?Nashville' and more
- Mariah Carey swears, has a wardrobe issue on ?Good Morning America' ? VIDEO
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO)
- 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
- 'Epic' Director Chris Wedge on Why He Almost Brought the Movie to Pixar and the Film's 'Gladiator' Influences