Michael Lohan: 'I Definitely Blame Myself'
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 2nd 2010 02:46PM
Just before Lindsay Lohan was released from jail, I sat down with her father, Michael Lohan, for my new HDNet 'Naughty But Nice with Rob' talk show. In our revealing chat, Michael admits for the first time that he is responsible for his daughter's current situation.
"I definitely blame myself and take responsibility for where my daughter is," he told me.
It was a different Michael, a father whose pain clearly wasn't put on for the camera. Talking about little Lindsay growing up in Long Island, going to auditions for TV jobs and finally hitting the big time in 'The Parent Trap,' Michael had tears in his eyes wondering how everything went so wrong so fast.
He clearly blames himself and his ugly divorce from Dina Lohan, but he didn't hesitate to offer harsh words for his ex, who he points out has never admitted any responsibility.
"If she [Dina] doesn't get on board with me and mend fences, she will be the one person who will continue to destroy Lindsay," he told me. "She has to stop thinking about making money off Lindsay and she has to stop listening to her brothers and mother: The three people who are keeping us apart."
► Friend: 'Lindsay Is Still So Vulnerable After Only 13 Days Away From Her Crazy Life'
Michael recounted how he and his ex were on friendly terms as recently as July 4, but that after Lindsay was sentenced two days later, she began shunning him again. He insists Dina has ignored professional advice on how to reign in their troubled daughter.
"Why is it that Lindsay's lawyers, therapists and doctors have asked Dina to have family counseling sessions, but she won't?" Michael wondered. "If your kids matter that much, you make sacrifices and forsake oneself for your kids. This is all in Dina's hands. What she does will decide the outcome."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Totally insane star baby names
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Girl Ava Grace With Jared Pobre
- Boy George Talks About Culture Club Reunion, Lady Gaga, and Justin Bieber: Watch the Video!
- Mila Kunis Practices Prenatal Yoga in Tight Black Workout Gear: See Pregnant Star's Growing Baby Bump
- Siblings Of Executed Journalist James Foley Blast White House As It’s Revealed The Family Watched The Execution Video
- Moving On & Moving In! Ramona Singer Drops Daughter Avery Off At College, Cheating Dad Mario Nowhere In Sight ? She's ?My Rock,' Teen Says