'Bachelorette' Brass Praying That Ali and Roberto Last
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 5th 2010 12:00PM
A record number of viewers tuned in to ABC this week to watch Ali pick Roberto in her final rose ceremony. However, no one was happier watching America's newest favorite couple find true love than the producers of the hit TV show, who are praying that these two make it.
"After the disaster of Jake and Vienna, everyone working on the show is nervous about what another failed romance would do to the show's franchise," a TV insider tells me. "If the public starts believing the 'Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' are just two more fake reality shows then it is over. The show desperately needs a success story fast in order to keep viewers coming back for the next season."
Which is exactly why show insiders tell me plans are already being made to televise Ali and Roberto's wedding live on ABC as fast as possible to remind the nation that the show is the real deal. The theme? That fairy tale endings do occur and couples that find true love do ride off into the sunset together. Plus, executives remember that the two-hour Trista and Ryan wedding back in 2003 was ratings gold, drawing over 17.1 million viewers to ABC.
"Ali and Roberto have to work in order to erase the Jake and Vienna disaster," an industry source tells me. "The show would be perfectly happy if we never heard Jake's name ever again. Which is why all its focus is going to be on Ali and Roberto and how happy they really are. Not on the fact that 15 out of 18 couples have broken up after the show wrapped."
Good idea, ABC. I'm just hoping somebody told Ali and Roberto about the wedding plans!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode
- Are You Ready For This? Sam Smith, Beyonce, Usher & Rita Ora Stun In VMA Rehearsals ? Sneak Peek Photo Special
- Outrage Over Woman Whose Dog Ate Marijuana ? PETA Calls It ‘A Stupid Thing’ To Do, Warns Of Potential Prosecution For Animal Abuse
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!