Mary-Kate Olsen Has Learned to Ask For Help When She Needs It (Photos)
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 5th 2010 10:08AM
Mary-Kate Olsen flies solo on the cover of Marie Claire's September issue and doesn't shy away from questions about her hard-partying past.
"I think it's really important to be able to talk when something's wrong. I learned at a really young age that if you don't talk about it, it can drive you insane," she says when asked about her tabloid exploits, including a stint in rehab for an eating disorder.
In the issue, the former child star/current style icon gives twin sister Ashley the slip for the fashion-forward shoot, which has her striking a pose in sequins, a military coat and feathers in multiple cover images.
The issue also sees Olsen channeling her inner gypsy woman in a sheer black dress paired with a Dolce & Gabbana jacket with dangling gold charms.
On location at The Inn in Quogue, New York, photographer Tesh snapped The Row designer in a series of images that highlight Olsen's eccentric boho-chic style -- think fur, ankle-sweeping skirts and effortlessly tousled blonde locks.
Speaking of fur, there's enough of it here to give PETA a heart attack. The 24-year-old starlet pairs chunky furs from Marc Jacobs, Doo.ri, Cassin and Alexander McQueen with everything from a sweet, pink Dior dress and Topshop skirt to a sexy candy apple red Givenchy dress with matching boots.
Donning some seriously covetable clothing, Olsen opens up to writer Kimberly Cutter about her design career, saying, "It's kind of like a mask to hide behind."
MORE ABOUT Mary-Kate Olsen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mary-Kate Olsen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diem Brown's Love Chris "CT" Tamburello Proposed Five Days Before Her Death; Kendra Wilkinson Talks Sex With Hugh Hefner: Top 5 Stories
- Dancing With the Stars Winner Revealed on Season 19 Finale: Is It Alfonso Ribeiro, Janel Parrish, or Sadie Robertson?
- Ellen DeGeneres Replaces Dakota Johnson and Portrays Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer Parody -- Watch!
- Separate Bedrooms, Separate Lives? Scott Disick Admits He & Kourtney Kardashian ?Haven't Slept Together In 5 Years'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- 'Jurassic World' trailer debuts: Chris Pratt vs. hybrid dinos!