Mel Gibson Used Hypnotist to Cope With Scandal
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 5th 2010 08:28AM
"I gave him a few sessions to help him with the stress he is obviously experiencing at the moment," Rick Collingwood, founder of The Australian Academy of Hypnosis, tells RadarOnline.com. Mel also visited the hypnotist earlier this year, at the end of his rocky relationship with Oksana.
"I must say that he is a far nicer person than what is being portrayed presently in the media," Collingwood (pictured at right with Gibson) says. "It will be interesting to see the results when all of the truths are revealed during the ongoing legal saga."
Collingwood says hypnosis "can be used very effectively as a therapy for anything that is the human condition, to change behavior and habits -- and also for self improvement." The hypnotist adds Gibson's treatment has concluded.
On the nature of Mel's explosive outbursts, Dr. Carole Lieberman, M.D., psychiatrist, told PopEater: "Mel is driven by his sexual frustration, fear of abandonment and disillusionment at the realization that Oksana doesn't love him, but is merely a gold-digger."
"When someone is recorded issuing death threats and vulgarity to describe the mother of his child, he needs help," forensic psychiatrist and MD Keith Ablow told PopEater's Rob Shuter. "The man on those tapes is full of rage, psychologically disordered and dangerous. He needs immediate psychiatric intervention and comprehensive treatment for years to come."
An insider on Gibson's current film, the Jodie Foster-directed 'The Beaver,' said Mel was in "complete shock" after the tapes leaked, but kept filming.
► Mel Gibson's Next Bombshell: Rehab?
► What's Behind Mel Gibson's Pathological Ranting?
► Mel Gibson, 'In Shock,' Keeps Filming After Rants
► Mel Gibson Roars Oral Sex Demands in Newest Tape
Mel Gibson Snapshots
Mel Gibson laughs between takes while shooting a scene from the upcoming movie "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" on Wednesday June 9, 2010 in Brownsville, Texas.
THE BROWNSVILLE HERALD
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Resurrection' Showrunners Challenge Superfan to Trivia Showdown (Video)
- Robin Roberts' Alleged Stalker Arrested
- 'The Mummy' Gets High-Profile Summer 2016 Release; 'The Huntsman' Also Dated
- ?Mindy Project' star Adam Pally reveals which celeb sex tape he owns
- Recast ?Game of Thrones' princess posts hilarious video reaction
- William Shatner Might Be Bringing the Funny to 'Ted 2'
- Peter Jackson Would Love to See a Guillermo del Toro-Directed 'Skull Island'
- Yes, Seriously. 'Shark by Tara' Is An Actual Perfume From Tara Reid You Can Buy