Add Fellow Fugee Pras to Anti-Wyclef Camp
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Aug 7th 2010 09:19AM
"You've got 1.2 million people living in tent city right now. What are the plans to get these people out," Pras said of the survivors of the Jan. 12 earthquake.
Pras plans to support Jean's opponent, Michel "Sweet Micky" Martelly, who he said is better suited to run the country.
"He's more popular in Haiti than Wyclef," said Pras.
Jean's publicist, Leslie Chasky, didn't immediately return a telephone call Friday night seeking a response to Pras' comments.
Jean is currently regarded as the front-runner in the country's Nov. 28 election. But he has come under scrutiny since officially announcing his candidacy Thursday.
Actor Sean Penn has accused Jean of not spending enough time in Haiti after the quake and misappropriating $400,000 of the $9 million his charity, Yele Haiti, raised after the disaster. Jean told The Associated Press on Thursday: "I just want Sean Penn to fully understand I am a Haitian, born in Haiti and I've been coming to my country ever since (I was) a child."
Pras said that Jean uses a private jet for his frequent trips to Haiti and that he wonders why Jean doesn't take a commercial flight, since the money saved can help displaced families.
He added that he loves Wyclef "dearly," but he just doesn't support his policies.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- Britain still grappling with barrage of celebrity sex abuse
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Duggar Fans Are Fighting Back! How They Plan to Save ?19 Kids'
- Bill Cosby Performs at Women's Fundraiser as More Alleged Victims Step Forward
- Booty Battle: Jennifer Aniston Was the Original Kim K?!