Add Fellow Fugee Pras to Anti-Wyclef Camp
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Aug 7th 2010 09:19AM
"You've got 1.2 million people living in tent city right now. What are the plans to get these people out," Pras said of the survivors of the Jan. 12 earthquake.
Pras plans to support Jean's opponent, Michel "Sweet Micky" Martelly, who he said is better suited to run the country.
"He's more popular in Haiti than Wyclef," said Pras.
Jean's publicist, Leslie Chasky, didn't immediately return a telephone call Friday night seeking a response to Pras' comments.
Jean is currently regarded as the front-runner in the country's Nov. 28 election. But he has come under scrutiny since officially announcing his candidacy Thursday.
Actor Sean Penn has accused Jean of not spending enough time in Haiti after the quake and misappropriating $400,000 of the $9 million his charity, Yele Haiti, raised after the disaster. Jean told The Associated Press on Thursday: "I just want Sean Penn to fully understand I am a Haitian, born in Haiti and I've been coming to my country ever since (I was) a child."
Pras said that Jean uses a private jet for his frequent trips to Haiti and that he wonders why Jean doesn't take a commercial flight, since the money saved can help displaced families.
He added that he loves Wyclef "dearly," but he just doesn't support his policies.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Traci Bingham tried to dine and dash after credit card declined, report says
- Meg Ryan joins the cast of 'How I Met Your Dad'
- Wardrobe whoopsies: On purpose, or an accident?
- ?Arrow' recap: Mama knows best
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- ?Game of Thrones' workout plan will give you Kingslayer abs
- Baby Alert! Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis Welcome a Son
- Extra Scoop: Chris Brown to Remain in Jail Until June!
- Kelly Reilly Explains Mysterious ?Black Box'