Colton Haynes Is Not Werewolf, He Just Plays One on Television
By Nicki Gostin Posted Aug 8th 2010 02:56PM
Who do you play in ABC's 'The Gates'?
I play a 15-year-old linebacker for the football team and when I get angry and mad I turn into a werewolf. They use real wolves so I all I have to do is wear yellow contacts. Then the real wolves do all the dirty work for me.
Playing a werewolf, is that something you can relate to?
I totally turn into a werewolf once a week. No, I don't identify with that.
You're also in a werewolf movie?
It's a new series for MTV that they're getting ready to do. I've finished the pilot and I'm still negotiating whether or not I'm going to go back and do the show.
Are you scared about being typecast?
That's what's going on right now. That's the whole reason we're trying to figure out if I'm going to be doing it or not. It's a weird thing that happened where I booked two shows where I play a werewolf.
Is it true you were up for the lead in 'Twilight'?
There is some truth to that but I definitely wouldn't have it any other way. I think Rob does a great job and gosh, he doesn't get a minute to himself.
Do you know how close you were?
There were a few guys up for it. I'm sure there were like ten guys up for it. It's not like it was down to me and him but it was definitely getting under the wire.
You have very angular cheekbones. They look like you could slice an orange on them.
Aww thank you! It's because there's a lot of Native American in my family and I have to thank my mom and dad.
You're a good looking guy. Ever have a girl turn you down?
Oh gosh are you kidding? Yes. It doesn't happen so much anymore but it used to happen because I talk too much and I think girls, like most of the time, they kind of, I don't know, they don't want to hear it. They just want to look at you. (Laughs). Like I'll try to overcompensate and be funny and they'll be like, 'Ok I'm not into this, this guy is a douche.'
What do you talk about?
I don't like silence in conversations on dates so I will always want to talk because I don't want it to be awkward and it turns out by me talking too much it makes it even more awkward.
Now that you're on a T.V. show you must get lots of attention.
It's definitely fun but you have to realize where it's coming from especially living in L.A. We work in Shreveport, Louisiana so it's funny all the Southern girls down there are really beautiful and you have to kind of stay away from all that. You've got to work all the time. Girls are hitting on us all the time. I'm one of the only people in the cast who haven't given into temptation. It's a fun place, Shreveport, there's a lot of trouble to get into so you just have to stay out of it.
Do you work out a lot to stay in shape?
I do, the reason I work out all the time is because I eat. I will literally u-turn if I see a golden arch. I'm not kidding. Quarter pounder man, that's the best with the ranch dressing. I work out to ward off all the bad food I eat.
I started when I was 15. That was something I did to transition into acting. Something I could do instead of drop water on people's heads at restaurants because I was a terrible waiter.
Did you have a signature look like Blue Steel?
I definitely did because you have to have that. I would compare mine more to Magnum, kind of looking from your right side and pouting.
You've been around good looking people your whole life!
It's such a flawed industry, you're around a bunch of people whose world revolves around their looks and it's kind of hard to find some substance.
So if you met a really nice girl who was a little plump and plain-jane you'd date her?
The funny thing is my type isn't the model type. The girls that I like are the plain Janes, no makeup; they don't have to be super skinny. If someone's going to make me laugh, someone who's fun to hang out with and you can bring them round to your friends and she's not some stuck up girl who's going to be on her blackberry the entire time.
'The Gates' airs Sunday nights at 10PM ET on ABC.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicolas Cage Says He Feels Like an "Outsider," Cares What People Think of Him in Rare Interview
- John Oliver Hilariously Blasts the Miss America Pageant Over Scholarship Claims on Last Week Tonight: Watch the Video
- Fran Drescher Honeymoons in France With Husband Shiva Ayyadurai After Surprise Wedding: Picture
- Keeping The Ring! Kris Jenner Won't Return 20.5 Carat Engagement Rock In Split From Bruce
- He's No Tourist ? White House Intruder Found With 800 Rounds Of Ammunition In His Car PLUS He Had Been Caught With Hatchet Before!
- Reality Bites! See How Fame ? And Plastic Surgery ? Transformed Kris & Bruce Jenner Over 22 Years Of Marriage Before Divorce
- Tim McGraw: My wild night with Kid Rock
- Report: Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- Then/Now: The cast of 'Friends'
- Jessica Simpson Feels "Sexier as a Wife and a Mom"—and She's Been Dressing to Show It!
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Celebrates His 21st Birthday in Las Vegas With Dad Arnold—See the Pics!
- Taylor Swift Bakes Cookies for Fans at 1989 Listening Session, Talks Ex Harry Styles and Shows Off Cat Olivia Benson!