Fantasia Accused of Stealing Husband, Sex Tapes
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 9th 2010 10:29AM
Barrino is named in a lawsuit filed Wednesday in North Carolina by Paula Cook, who alleges the singer has been openly carrying on an affair with her husband Antwuan Cook and that the two "have at times recorded their illicit sexual activity," the Charlotte Observer reports.
The complaint says the affair started in August 2009 and that Barrino has since treated Cook to lavish trips across the country to be with her at concert appearances. She also has a large tattoo of "Cook" just below her left collar bone.
He is said to have a similar marking in the same spot on his body, according to documents.
Barrino's manager, Brian Dickens, released a statement Monday afternoon, saying the singer is "not responsible for the deterioration of the Cook's marriage" and that she will "weather this storm with the dignity and grace that she has exemplified throughout" her life.
According to the court documents, Barrino interrupted a phone call between the Cook's, saying, "He don't want you. Maybe the next time you get a husband you'll know how to keep him. That's why he is here with me."
Paula Cook filed the complaint seeking custody of the couple's two young children, ages 6 and 2, as well as child support, alimony and ownership of the couple's home. She is not suing Barrino.
Barrino, an eight-time Grammy nominee, was the 2004 winner on 'American Idol.'
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- American Idol -
- Music News -
- Sex That's SFW -
- Troublemakers -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jay Z leads Grammy nominations with 9
- Actors who played real people
- Bob Dylan's Newport guitar sells in NY for $965,000
- ?The Following' season 1 video recaps ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS
- ?Sound of Music Live!': The original film's Von Trapp children respond
- ?Vampire Diaries' actress Candice Accola stars in The Fray's ?Love Don't Die' video, kisses fiance Joe King ? VIDEO
- Austin Mahone Wants a Lamborghini for Christmas!
- Danica Patrick on Paul Walker's Death: ?It Feels a Little Bit Too Close to Home'
- Paul Walker's Memorial Service: All the Details
- Wendy Williams: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Original Sound of Music Star Slams Carrie Underwood, Olympian Bode Miller Opens Up About "Brutal" Custody Battle for Son: Top 5 Stories
- Drew Barrymore Teases Baby's Gender With Blue and Pink Nails: See the Picture of Her Manicure