Who Should Star in the Next Teen-Lit Mega-Hit?
By The Editors of Vulture Posted Aug 9th 2010 05:36PM
After a heated debates over who would be the next Captain America and who will portray the lead in 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,' the fine folks at Vulture needed something new to obsess over. Following in the bold tradition of Who Will Play Bella Swan? ('Twilight'), Who Will Play Lyra Belacqua ('The Golden Compass'), and, of course, Who Will Play Harry Potter?, Vulture sprung for the next lava-hot young-adult trilogy, 'The Hunger Games.'
"The next win-a-franchise battle -- this one called the 'Who gets to be Katniss Everdeen?' contest -- is scheduled to begin on August 24, with the release of 'Mockingjay,' the third installment in Suzanne Collins's 'Hunger Games' trilogy, a series of adult-loved YA books that will be adapted into movies, and that you will only be hearing more about." >>Visit Vulture for all the nominees, including the little lady from 'The Lovely Bones,' the artist formerly known as Hit Girl, and ... well, we won't spoil it.
Of the series, Vulture writes: "Set in a dystopian future, the series stars Katniss Everdeen, a stoic, badass teenager, who, like Twilight's Bella, is caught in a love triangle -- Team Gale! Team Peeta! -- but, unlike Bella, does not need vampires to kill things for her, being perfectly capable of killing things herself. In the series' first book -- insanely readable, and as is, essentially a perfect screenplay -- Katniss is forced to play in the titular Hunger Games, a reality show to the death, while inadvertently fomenting a revolution. Whoever lands the part of Katniss will get to use a bow and arrow, fight for her survival, have sexy-time with handsome teenagers, wear fire, and, you know, have a movie franchise."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cheryl Burke: This is 'probably' my last season on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Jersey Boys' lyricist Bob Crewe dead at 83
- Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane sentenced in assault for hitting fan with vodka bottle at nightclub
- Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass in Talks for New 'Bourne' Movie
- David Fincher Explains Why Disney's '20,000 Leagues' Remake Sank
- Jessica Biel and Zooey Deschanel Duke It Out in 'New Girl' Premiere
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere, 'American Ninja Warrior,' and More Picks
- Norman Reedus to Publish Book of 'Walking Dead' Fans' Daryl Dixon Art (PHOTOS)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Winners: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)