Who Should Star in the Next Teen-Lit Mega-Hit?
By The Editors of Vulture Posted Aug 9th 2010 05:36PM
After a heated debates over who would be the next Captain America and who will portray the lead in 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,' the fine folks at Vulture needed something new to obsess over. Following in the bold tradition of Who Will Play Bella Swan? ('Twilight'), Who Will Play Lyra Belacqua ('The Golden Compass'), and, of course, Who Will Play Harry Potter?, Vulture sprung for the next lava-hot young-adult trilogy, 'The Hunger Games.'
"The next win-a-franchise battle -- this one called the 'Who gets to be Katniss Everdeen?' contest -- is scheduled to begin on August 24, with the release of 'Mockingjay,' the third installment in Suzanne Collins's 'Hunger Games' trilogy, a series of adult-loved YA books that will be adapted into movies, and that you will only be hearing more about." >>Visit Vulture for all the nominees, including the little lady from 'The Lovely Bones,' the artist formerly known as Hit Girl, and ... well, we won't spoil it.
Of the series, Vulture writes: "Set in a dystopian future, the series stars Katniss Everdeen, a stoic, badass teenager, who, like Twilight's Bella, is caught in a love triangle -- Team Gale! Team Peeta! -- but, unlike Bella, does not need vampires to kill things for her, being perfectly capable of killing things herself. In the series' first book -- insanely readable, and as is, essentially a perfect screenplay -- Katniss is forced to play in the titular Hunger Games, a reality show to the death, while inadvertently fomenting a revolution. Whoever lands the part of Katniss will get to use a bow and arrow, fight for her survival, have sexy-time with handsome teenagers, wear fire, and, you know, have a movie franchise."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Taraji P. Henson Apologizes to Glendale Police for Racial Profile Allegations
- How 'The Walking Dead' Stumbled in Its Storytelling This Season
- Paramount Brewing 'Transformers' Universe With Akiva Goldsman
- 'Spectre' in Mexico City: What We Know About the James Bond Movie's Opening Scene
- The First 'Spectre' Teaser Trailer Is Finally Here (VIDEO)
- Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Hosts: A Timeline