Zac Efron: 'It's Real' With Vanessa Hudgens
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 9th 2010 02:40PM
"I think a lot of guys would enjoy that. But I'm not really like that. Believe me, I rack my brain thinking 'Why am I not out there playing the field?' One of my buddies was like, 'You have no idea what's going on right now. You're peaking on Ecstasy and you're watching TV.' But it's not in my heart," he tells Details in the magazines newest issue.
The 'Charlie St. Cloud' star describes his relationship with Vanessa Hudgens -- whom he has been dating since they met on the set of 'High School Musical' -- as normal. "It's exactly how it should be. It's real."
Efron also discusses his recent fight with poison oak, why he turned down 'Footloose,' his admiration for Shia LaBeouf's attitude, and how Tom Cruise taught him to ride a motorcycle.
"I don't even want to know [why]. It's just so cool that he gave a sh*t, the fact that he cared at all. No one else did that," he says of the 'Top Gun' star's tutelage.
His bout of poison oak: Dude, it's like everywhere. Everywhere. I can't even begin to show you, 'cause you'll get so grossed out. I look like a zombie from 'Dawn of the Dead.'
Turning down a role in the remake of 'Footloose': All the things I loved about 'Footloose' I couldn't find in the project. They just weren't there. I couldn't see myself doing it. I love [director] Kenny [Ortega] with all my heart, it was literally the hardest phone call I've ever made.
On Shia LaBeouf's attitude: I'm so jealous of that ... Yeah, that's awesome to not give a sh*t. And Shia still pulls it off. That's so cool. It's just awesome. It just comes easy to some people."
Zac Efron in Details
Zac Efron poses for the latest issue of Details. Click to see more of the heartthrob's photo shoot >>>
Norman Jean Roy, Details
Norman Jean Roy, Details
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicole Kidman plays Grace Kelly in movie set for 2014 Oscar season
- Actor Christoph Waltz rushed off stage after sounds of gunfire erupt at live talk show
- Report: Beyonce pregnant with second child
- Cannes: Worldview Options Andrew Dominik's Marilyn Monroe Pic 'Blond'
- Cannes: Beta Set to Sell Out on Award Winners 'Child's Pose,' 'Oh Boy'
- Cannes: Magnolia Picks Up Tony Jaa's 'The Protector 2' for U.S.
- This Week On Stage: Sigourney and Co. extend, Billy Crystal Back to Broadway
- ?Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch)
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted!
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2
- 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title