Family Feud Clouds Info on Zsa Zsa Gabor's Health
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 9th 2010 09:14PM
While Zsa Zsa Gabor remains in an L.A. hospital three weeks after falling out of bed and breaking her hip, two different reports have emerged on how the 93-year-old actress is doing. Strangely enough those differing reports come from the actresses own husband and daughter.
Gabor was taken to UCLA Medical Center July 18 after a bone-breaking fall at her home and had her hip replaced a day later. Since then her husband has told the press that his wife was in critical condition and unresponsive, while Gabor's daughter immediately countered with a nearly opposite account. Now, her publicist said Gabor went into shock on Saturday after a bad reaction to morphine.
"Its not at all surprising that Francesca Hilton (Zsa Zsa's daughter) and Prince Frederic Von Anhalt (Zsa Zsa's husband) disagree," a family source tells me. "The two of them don't like one another at all. If one told you the earth was round the other would say it was square just to disagree."
Von Anhalt, 67, and Hilton, 64, have never been close, but most recently the relationship has soured even further over money issues, including a legal fight regarding the mortgage on Gabor's Bel Air mansion and arguments over the star's will.
However, on this particular subject sources tell me Von Anhalt version of events is most likely accurate.
"Frederic has been by her side for the past 24 years, he is her husband and has never been shy about telling the world the truth about his wife," in insider tells me. "This makes Francesca furious. She thinks her mother's medical conditions should remain private and worries about the long term effect on her glamorous legacy if the last images we have of her are as a frail old lady in a wheelchair."
"Plus making her step father look foolish isn't something she would shy away from," our source revealed.
Whatever the truth may be I'm confident Zsa Zsa would prefer having both her daughter and husband focus on her health rather than scoring points against each other in the press.
For those who haven't been paying attention, Gabor was watching 'Jeopardy' at her home in Bel-Air, California on July 18 when she fell when trying to answer a phone call. Gabor has been partially paralyzed since a 2002 car accident -- publicist John Blanchette describes her as "pretty much bedridden and wheelchair-bound for the last eight years." The glitzy star of such films as 'Lili' and 'Moulin Rouge' had a stroke five years ago.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Constantine' Director: "I Felt Like a Wrong Needed to Be Righted"
- Keanu Reeves: 'Bill & Ted 3' Status Changes From Day to Day
- Critic's Notebook: An Actor's Face Is a Terrible Thing to Change
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming