Fantasia Barrino Hospitalized for Aspirin Overdose
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 10th 2010 03:38PM
"She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time," the rep, Brian Dickens, said in a statement to TMZ. "Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon. Fantasia is a fighter and a survivor. This is not the hardest thing Fantasia has endured."
But as her rep attempts to downplay the overdose, a police report obtained by RadarOnline.com classifies the incident as an "801 - suicide" and calls Barrino's injuries "serious."
Barrino was admitted to Mercy South Hospital in Pineville at around 9 p.m. It followed a day of damaging reports linking her as the other woman in a child custody lawsuit against her married boyfriend, Antwuan Cook. The complaint, filed by Paula Cook, claims an affair started in August 2009 and that the two "have at times recorded their illicit sexual activity."
The complaint also states that Barrino has treated Cook to lavish trips across the country to be with her at concert appearances. She also has a large tattoo of "Cook" just below her left collar bone. He is said to have a similar marking in the same spot on his body, according to documents.
"Yesterday, she was totally overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention," the manager told TMZ.
Paula Cook filed the complaint seeking custody of the estranged couple's two young children, ages 6 and 2, as well as child support, alimony and ownership of the couple's home. She is not suing Barrino.
Barrino's manager released a statement Monday afternoon, saying the singer is "not responsible for the deterioration of the Cook's marriage" and that she will "weather this storm with the dignity and grace that she has exemplified throughout" her life.
Barrino, an eight-time Grammy nominee, was the 2004 winner on 'American Idol.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Snooki Flaunts Tiny Waist In Sports Bra
- 'The Missing Picture' Collects Cannes' Un Certain Regard Prize
- You Won't Believe Chris O'Donnell's Favorite Show
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?
- Selena Gomez and Jaden Smith Dine in London
- Amanda Bynes Tweets Post-Arrest: 'I Don't Drink or Do Drugs'