Fantasia Barrino Hospitalized for Aspirin Overdose
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 10th 2010 03:38PM
"She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time," the rep, Brian Dickens, said in a statement to TMZ. "Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon. Fantasia is a fighter and a survivor. This is not the hardest thing Fantasia has endured."
But as her rep attempts to downplay the overdose, a police report obtained by RadarOnline.com classifies the incident as an "801 - suicide" and calls Barrino's injuries "serious."
Barrino was admitted to Mercy South Hospital in Pineville at around 9 p.m. It followed a day of damaging reports linking her as the other woman in a child custody lawsuit against her married boyfriend, Antwuan Cook. The complaint, filed by Paula Cook, claims an affair started in August 2009 and that the two "have at times recorded their illicit sexual activity."
The complaint also states that Barrino has treated Cook to lavish trips across the country to be with her at concert appearances. She also has a large tattoo of "Cook" just below her left collar bone. He is said to have a similar marking in the same spot on his body, according to documents.
"Yesterday, she was totally overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention," the manager told TMZ.
Paula Cook filed the complaint seeking custody of the estranged couple's two young children, ages 6 and 2, as well as child support, alimony and ownership of the couple's home. She is not suing Barrino.
Barrino's manager released a statement Monday afternoon, saying the singer is "not responsible for the deterioration of the Cook's marriage" and that she will "weather this storm with the dignity and grace that she has exemplified throughout" her life.
Barrino, an eight-time Grammy nominee, was the 2004 winner on 'American Idol.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Tim McGraw Reveals How He Scared His Daughter's Boyfriend
- 'Frozen' Feud? Rosie O'Donnell Fires Back at Mayim Bialik
- How Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Makes Sure She Knows About Nude Photos
- Lauren Conrad Kisses William Tell in Wedding Photo; Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Twerk in Racy "Booty" Video: Top 5 Stories
- Joan Rivers' Fashion Police Tribute: Melissa Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, Kelly Osbourne, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember the Comedienne
- Madonna's 8-Year-Old Son David Banda Is an Amazing Dancer -- Check Out His Moves!