Fantasia Barrino Hospitalized for Aspirin Overdose
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 10th 2010 03:38PM
"She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time," the rep, Brian Dickens, said in a statement to TMZ. "Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon. Fantasia is a fighter and a survivor. This is not the hardest thing Fantasia has endured."
But as her rep attempts to downplay the overdose, a police report obtained by RadarOnline.com classifies the incident as an "801 - suicide" and calls Barrino's injuries "serious."
Barrino was admitted to Mercy South Hospital in Pineville at around 9 p.m. It followed a day of damaging reports linking her as the other woman in a child custody lawsuit against her married boyfriend, Antwuan Cook. The complaint, filed by Paula Cook, claims an affair started in August 2009 and that the two "have at times recorded their illicit sexual activity."
The complaint also states that Barrino has treated Cook to lavish trips across the country to be with her at concert appearances. She also has a large tattoo of "Cook" just below her left collar bone. He is said to have a similar marking in the same spot on his body, according to documents.
"Yesterday, she was totally overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention," the manager told TMZ.
Paula Cook filed the complaint seeking custody of the estranged couple's two young children, ages 6 and 2, as well as child support, alimony and ownership of the couple's home. She is not suing Barrino.
Barrino's manager released a statement Monday afternoon, saying the singer is "not responsible for the deterioration of the Cook's marriage" and that she will "weather this storm with the dignity and grace that she has exemplified throughout" her life.
Barrino, an eight-time Grammy nominee, was the 2004 winner on 'American Idol.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- California high court won't review conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor
- Hollywood sex abuse suit: Theater producer denies allegations
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies after parachute accident
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- ?Game of Thrones' workout plan will give you Kingslayer abs
- This guy is going to collect every VHS copy of ?Speed' in the world (also, he's taller)
- Extra Scoop: Chris Brown to Remain in Jail Until June!
- Kelly Reilly Explains Mysterious ?Black Box'
- Abby Huntsman Talks Chelsea Clinton and ?DWTS' with Mario Lopez
- Eric Hill Dead: Bachelorette Contestant Dies After Paragliding Accident; Rumer Willis Flashes Underwear: Top Stories
- Ryan Seacrest Celebrates Decade On Radio With New TV Special
- Olivia Wilde Gives Birth to Son Otis Alexander Sudeikis, Welcomes First Child With Jason Sudeikis