Levi Johnston Plans to Run for Mayor in Reality Show
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Aug 10th 2010 06:21AM
Levi Johnston may be following in Sarah Palin's footsteps. His manager confirmed a Variety report that Johnston is planning to run for city office in his hometown of Wasilla, Alaska, as part of a reality TV show rumored to be called 'Loving Levi: The Road to the Mayor's Office.' Johnston plans to run for either for mayor or City Council. "People questioned Jesus Christ, so I definitely don't care about these mere mortals questioning Levi Johnston," his manager said (via RadarOnline.) "People can question whatever they want. I mean, he's going to keep on doing his thing. He was going to do this, even if this wasn't a reality show."
"Let me put it to you like this: If you live in a town and things are happening in that town, and you're displeased with it, what do you do? You try to change those things," Jones said. He declined to give specifics on what Johnston wants to change but insisted the run is real. "This is not a spoof. This is not a joke," his manager said.
According to the Wasilla city clerk, the next mayoral election is in 2011. The candidate filing period for council elections this October closed July 30. Johnston isn't listed among those candidates.
Johnston, 20, is the father of Palin's grandson, Tripp, and the recently off-again flame to her daughter Bristol. He has seemingly come to embrace the spotlight since first being thrust into it in 2008, amid Palin's bid for vice president, when he and Bristol were unwed teenagers expecting a child together.
Since then, he's gone on to pose for Playgirl and appear with Kathy Griffin on her reality show. On Sunday, he walked the red carpet at the Teen Choice Awards with singer Brittani Senser, with whom he agreed to shoot a music video.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lance Bass Marries Michael Turchin: All the Wedding Details!
- Jamie Lynn Spears Posts Amazing Throwback Christmas Photo With Britney Spears
- Kim Kardashian Posts Photo of Her Messy Closet With North West
- Ice buckets, breaking the internet: The year in pop culture
- Other world leaders have been targets of wacky assassination plots in films
- Bill Cosby's silence may be his best defense at this point
- Watch Darlene Love Perform "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" One Last Time for David Letterman
- Lance Bass and Michael Turchin Are Officially Married—Find Out Which 'NSYNC Member Performed at the Wedding!
- All the Details on Hailee Steinfeld's 18th Birthday Party With Austin Mahone, Fifth Harmony and More!