Infection Keeps Zsa Zsa Gabor in the Hospital
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 10th 2010 07:13AM
Gabor has been hospitalized at the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center since she broke her hip July 17 while trying to get into her wheelchair. The actress' condition began to deteriorate after hip-replacement surgery days later.
Gabor was originally hospitalized in July after she fell out of bed while watching TV in her home in Bel-Air, California. Gabor has been partially paralyzed since a 2002 car accident -- Blanchette describes her as "pretty much bedridden and wheelchair-bound for the last eight years."
"She's fragile, but she's still very bright -- she still makes me laugh," Blanchette said of recent visits with Gabor. "Her faculties are intact, but her body's failing her."
Since her fall, there have been wavering reports about the actress' condition. Gabor's daughter has been strongly denying reports being fueled by her mother's ninth husband that the actress is on her death bed following hip surgery. "She is not in a coma. She is not on any kind of death watch. She is responsive and on medications. All vital signs are still going strong, and she is talking," Constance Francesca Hilton said in a statement to Reuters.
Gabor's ninth husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt told reporters Gabor was in critical condition and was unresponsive, adding, "the doctors want to observe her over the weekend to make sure her condition improves, but right now it is not looking good."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Cosby's Lawyer Says "Black Media" Quotes Were "Misconstrued," Slams "Mean-Spirited" Commentary
- President Obama on Sony Hack: Pulling The Interview Was "a Mistake," Flubs James Franco's Name as "Flacco"
- George Clooney Woos Elizabeth McGovern on Downton Abbey's Set for Charity Special
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- New Bill Cosby accuser said she blacked out for two days after comedian drugged her