Infection Keeps Zsa Zsa Gabor in the Hospital
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 10th 2010 07:13AM
Gabor has been hospitalized at the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center since she broke her hip July 17 while trying to get into her wheelchair. The actress' condition began to deteriorate after hip-replacement surgery days later.
Gabor was originally hospitalized in July after she fell out of bed while watching TV in her home in Bel-Air, California. Gabor has been partially paralyzed since a 2002 car accident -- Blanchette describes her as "pretty much bedridden and wheelchair-bound for the last eight years."
"She's fragile, but she's still very bright -- she still makes me laugh," Blanchette said of recent visits with Gabor. "Her faculties are intact, but her body's failing her."
Since her fall, there have been wavering reports about the actress' condition. Gabor's daughter has been strongly denying reports being fueled by her mother's ninth husband that the actress is on her death bed following hip surgery. "She is not in a coma. She is not on any kind of death watch. She is responsive and on medications. All vital signs are still going strong, and she is talking," Constance Francesca Hilton said in a statement to Reuters.
Gabor's ninth husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt told reporters Gabor was in critical condition and was unresponsive, adding, "the doctors want to observe her over the weekend to make sure her condition improves, but right now it is not looking good."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jordin Sparks Dating Rapper Sage the Gemini? Singer Ignites Rumors With Intimate Photo
- Erin Andrews' NHL Boyfriend Jarret Stoll Arrested for Cocaine, Ecstasy Possession: Report
- Zayn Malik Thanks One Direction in First Public Appearance Since Split: They're "The Best Guys I've Ever Met"
- Miley Cyrus and Rumer Willis flash their nipples in photo shoot
- R&B singer Johnny Kemp found dead on beach
- Shia LaBeouf says rehab therapy was like method acting