Friend: Angelina Would Back Jen in Bill-O Battle
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 11th 2010 11:44PM
Jennifer Aniston has a friend in Angelina Jolie when it comes to her war of words with FOX News host Bill O'Reilly, who shocked many Tuesday night by calling the actress "destructive to society" for saying women don't need men to be good mothers, a friend of Mrs. Pitt tells me.
"Angie would totally defend Jennifer on this," the friend says. "She agrees with Jennifer that a woman doesn't need a man to start a family to be a good mother. For Bill to take issue with this statement is him taking issue with every single parent in the world."
Jolie's mother, Marcheline Bertrand, raised Angie after her famous father, Jon Voight, left them for another woman. Plus, Angie adopted her first son, Maddox, when she was single, long before Brad came into the picture.
Relationship expert Matt Titus agrees, telling me, "Bill O' Reilly, the crotchety FOX blowhard, couldn't be more out of touch with the modern definition of a nuclear family. Very often, 'the non-committal' attitude of the modern male leaves the modern woman with no choice but to seek out positive and 'non-traditional' alternatives of creating families. Women do not need to wait for the perfect guy to have the perfect child."
Critics have already jumped in to argue that while O'Reilly's way of thinking is bunk and out of touch, he also miscalculates Aniston's influence on teens and young women.
"I don't think 12 or 13 year-olds are paying attention to what Jennifer Aniston says or even know who she is, for that matter," Beth Feldman, founder of RoleMommy.com, tells me. "If Demi Lovato or Miranda Cosgrove started tossing around comments about single motherhood, we would all have something to worry about. Jen's message is meant for thirty- and forty-something women who haven't yet met the love of their life -- and she's right on target."
O'Reilly challenged Jennifer to be a guest on his show to defend her statement, however, sources tell me that isn't going to happen. But if Bill has paved the way for Jennifer and Angelina to agree on something, it would be foolish to deny the power of Bill.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Jennifer Aniston
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Aniston
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Aniston Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Director fires back after critics call out Taylor Swift's video for use of white actors
- Meet the cast of 'Dancing With the Stars' season 21
- The Josh Abbott Band brings Texas to mainstream country music
- Bryan Cranston Goes From Drug Lord to Communist in Blacklist Saga 'Trumbo': "A Socialist, But He Loved Being Rich"
- 'Trumbo' Star Bryan Cranston on Life After 'Breaking Bad': "Being Famous Is Like Being a Pregnant Woman"
- 'Trumbo' Actress Helen Mirren on Hedda Hopper: "She Saw Herself as a Patriot"
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Idris Elba (and Jessica Chastain) Respond to James Bond Comments
- Theon's Uncle Euron Cast in 'Game of Thrones' Season 6? Spoilers on Major Scene
- Watch 'Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Throw Knives With Alice Cooper