Friend: Angelina Would Back Jen in Bill-O Battle
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 11th 2010 11:44PM
Jennifer Aniston has a friend in Angelina Jolie when it comes to her war of words with FOX News host Bill O'Reilly, who shocked many Tuesday night by calling the actress "destructive to society" for saying women don't need men to be good mothers, a friend of Mrs. Pitt tells me.
"Angie would totally defend Jennifer on this," the friend says. "She agrees with Jennifer that a woman doesn't need a man to start a family to be a good mother. For Bill to take issue with this statement is him taking issue with every single parent in the world."
Jolie's mother, Marcheline Bertrand, raised Angie after her famous father, Jon Voight, left them for another woman. Plus, Angie adopted her first son, Maddox, when she was single, long before Brad came into the picture.
Relationship expert Matt Titus agrees, telling me, "Bill O' Reilly, the crotchety FOX blowhard, couldn't be more out of touch with the modern definition of a nuclear family. Very often, 'the non-committal' attitude of the modern male leaves the modern woman with no choice but to seek out positive and 'non-traditional' alternatives of creating families. Women do not need to wait for the perfect guy to have the perfect child."
Critics have already jumped in to argue that while O'Reilly's way of thinking is bunk and out of touch, he also miscalculates Aniston's influence on teens and young women.
"I don't think 12 or 13 year-olds are paying attention to what Jennifer Aniston says or even know who she is, for that matter," Beth Feldman, founder of RoleMommy.com, tells me. "If Demi Lovato or Miranda Cosgrove started tossing around comments about single motherhood, we would all have something to worry about. Jen's message is meant for thirty- and forty-something women who haven't yet met the love of their life -- and she's right on target."
O'Reilly challenged Jennifer to be a guest on his show to defend her statement, however, sources tell me that isn't going to happen. But if Bill has paved the way for Jennifer and Angelina to agree on something, it would be foolish to deny the power of Bill.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Jennifer Aniston
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Aniston
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Aniston Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jason Aldean and Brittany Kerr wants kids 'in a few years'
- Comedy Central to offer uncensored version of Justin Bieber's roast
- Michelle Rodriguez almost quit the first ?Fast & Furious' film?
- Stan Lee Makes First Foray Into U.K. TV
- First Look: 'Waltz With Bashir' Director's Anne Frank Animation
- Korea's Jeonju Fest to Open With Asian Premiere of Vincent Cassel Drama 'Partisan'
- Best of Late Night TV: Vin Diesel Talks 'Furious 7,' Helen Mirren Sucks Helium, 'Celebrity Cell Phone Profile' (VIDEO)
- 'Spectre' Producers on Blofeld, Idris Elba as 007, and Who's Singing the Theme Song
- The 'Furious 7' Cast Remembers Paul Walker (VIDEO)