Friend: Angelina Would Back Jen in Bill-O Battle
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 11th 2010 11:44PM
Jennifer Aniston has a friend in Angelina Jolie when it comes to her war of words with FOX News host Bill O'Reilly, who shocked many Tuesday night by calling the actress "destructive to society" for saying women don't need men to be good mothers, a friend of Mrs. Pitt tells me.
"Angie would totally defend Jennifer on this," the friend says. "She agrees with Jennifer that a woman doesn't need a man to start a family to be a good mother. For Bill to take issue with this statement is him taking issue with every single parent in the world."
Jolie's mother, Marcheline Bertrand, raised Angie after her famous father, Jon Voight, left them for another woman. Plus, Angie adopted her first son, Maddox, when she was single, long before Brad came into the picture.
Relationship expert Matt Titus agrees, telling me, "Bill O' Reilly, the crotchety FOX blowhard, couldn't be more out of touch with the modern definition of a nuclear family. Very often, 'the non-committal' attitude of the modern male leaves the modern woman with no choice but to seek out positive and 'non-traditional' alternatives of creating families. Women do not need to wait for the perfect guy to have the perfect child."
Critics have already jumped in to argue that while O'Reilly's way of thinking is bunk and out of touch, he also miscalculates Aniston's influence on teens and young women.
"I don't think 12 or 13 year-olds are paying attention to what Jennifer Aniston says or even know who she is, for that matter," Beth Feldman, founder of RoleMommy.com, tells me. "If Demi Lovato or Miranda Cosgrove started tossing around comments about single motherhood, we would all have something to worry about. Jen's message is meant for thirty- and forty-something women who haven't yet met the love of their life -- and she's right on target."
O'Reilly challenged Jennifer to be a guest on his show to defend her statement, however, sources tell me that isn't going to happen. But if Bill has paved the way for Jennifer and Angelina to agree on something, it would be foolish to deny the power of Bill.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Jennifer Aniston
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Aniston
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Aniston Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Kellie Pickler shines and Aly Raisman tries pole dancing
- Country star Toby Keith: Tornado-ravaged Oklahoma hometown is 'strong and will persevere'
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74, publicist says
- Cannes: Anurag Kashyap Talks to THR (Q&A)
- Cannes: U.K.'s Rainmark Films Partners With Germany's Beta for Nordic Crime Thriller
- Cannes: Village Roadshow Partners With Hong Kong's Irresistible Films
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- New DVD Blu-Ray: 'Side Effects,' 'The Last Stand'
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On
- 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward