Paris Hilton Channels Marilyn Monroe to Push Her New Scent
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 11th 2010 10:10AM
Paris Hilton made her mark by ushering in a new era of celebrity -- one built on sex tapes, Internet posts and a gift for self-promotion. Now, our friends at StyleList report that she's paying tribute to the golden age of celebrity by morphing into Marilyn Monroe months before Halloween.
Hilton dressed up as her favorite actress of the silver screen to celebrate the launch of her tenth fragrance, Tease, or perhaps we should call it Eau de Marilyn, since that's who Hilton drew her inspiration from for the scent.
Dripping in Chopard diamonds and outfitted in a white Herve Leger bandage dress, Louis Vuitton cream colored heels and jewel-encrusted clutch and a faux fur jacket, Hilton played the part of her idol brilliantly, and, in a scene reminiscent of the Hollywood of yesteryear, the anxious crowd gathered in front of MyStudio nightclub on Hollywood Boulevard seemed to eat up every moment.
"I love Marilyn Monroe," purred Hilton as she slinked down the hot pink carpet, blonde locks styled in voluminous curls and her signature pout painted red. "She's always been one of my fashion icons. Doing my tenth fragrance I just thought, she's a 10, and I have to do something to honor Marilyn."
Describing Tease, Hilton calls the fragrance "sophisticated and glamorous. It's flirty and fun, confident and sexy."
Sounds like Hilton in a bottle, right? But she says that Monroe was actually the inspiration for the new scent. "I just thought the name [Tease] represented Marilyn because she was very flirty and fun," she revealed with a smile. "I think every girl wants to live like that."
On hand to celebrate the launch with her were pals like 'America's Got Talent' judge Piers Morgan, who is rumored to be in negotiations to replace Larry King over at CNN, and 'Entourage' hottie Adrian Grenier, who gave Tease his seal of approval by commenting, "It smelled good on her tonight," after posing with Hilton on the pink carpet.
While the hotel heiress handled the screams and demands of the paparazzi like a pro as she posed with the fragrance, even puckering up to the bottle at their relentless requests, she admitted that being in front of a firing squad of photographers and press never really gets any easier, no matter how many high-profile events you attend.
"It's always a little nerve-wracking when you do red carpets because the photographers are screaming your name and there are the flashes, which are blinding sometimes, but it's part of my business," Hilton said matter-of-factly. And, despite a lagging economy, the business of Paris Hilton shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. Hilton's team is already at work on an eleventh fragrance that is actually being rushed out so that it can be available in time for the holiday shopping season at the end of the year.
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
MORE ABOUT Paris Hilton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Paris Hilton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Bob Thornton Talks Angelina Jolie: "She Thought it Would be Romantic to Slice Our Fingers"
- Kanye West Wishes Kim Kardashian Happy Birthday, "Just Saying I Love You Isn't Strong Enough"
- Django Unchained's Daniele Watts Charged With Lewd Conduct: Report
- Divorce Hank! Baskett's Transsexual Begs Kendra Wilkinson To Leave Her ?Lying, Troubled ? Cheater' Of A Husband ? Read The Bombshell Secret Letter
- It Begins?Again! Prosecutors Open Jodi Arias' Death Penalty Trial With Gruesome Photo
- Off The Wagon? Kyle Richards ?Even More Concerned' About Sister Kim's Sobriety ? Confrontation Caught On Camera!
- Florida Georgia Line: We're 'professional partiers' and smoke pot
- Matthew McConaughey stands up for romantic comedies
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- Renée Zellweger Explains Why Her Face Looks Different: "People Don't Know Me in My 40s"
- Sex Tape Bonus Features: Jason Segel Talks Putting His Junk in Cameron Diaz's Face—Plus, Bloopers! Watch Now!
- Why We're Laugh-Puking at Sons of Anarchy and Why We Love-Hate The Voice: Our Rants and Raves