Video: Checking Out the 'Eat Pray Love' Travel Packs
By Zach Dionne Posted Aug 12th 2010 03:00PM
'Eat Pray Love,' set for cinemas Friday, has travel agencies hoping the Hollywood adaptation of Elizabeth Gilbert's memoir-turned-movement gets people out there, traversing the globe, eatin', prayin', and lovin' along the way.
"See the world for yourself on a transformational journey taken straight from Liz's itinerary in the film 'Eat Pray Love,'" writes STA Travel, a company offering specialized travel experiences. "Embrace romance on the beaches of Bali, find inner peace next to the tranquil beauty of the Taj Mahal in India or indulge in the perfect pasta and wine in Rome." See the video interview after the jump!
"We get a number of clients in on a weekly basis who have read the book, talk about it, notice that we're selling these products," STA Travel Expert Eric Tal tells PopEater. "Travel can be a very powerful thing."
Eating and praying in Italy and India sounds simple enough, but what about loving? There's no guarantee of finding romance like Liz does in Bali in the book and film, but maybe that's not the point. "The love portion, in Bali, is basically all about -- you can do it with a partner, but it's about loving yourself, as well. It's all about relaxing and losing yourself."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- President to take wilderness trip with Bear Grylls
- Danica McKellar joins 2016 Miss America competition as judge
- Hulk Hogan: I'm not a racist
- 'Coach' Follow-Up Dead at NBC
- 'Jane the Virgin' Enlists Kesha for Guest Appearance
- Celeb Sniff Test: Ariana Grande's First Fragrance
- Bill Murray Reveals Why He Took a 'Ghostbusters' Cameo
- President Obama Will Go 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls' in Alaska
- 9 Celebs We Want to See on 'Dancing With the Stars'