Jennifer Lopez Out as 'American Idol' Judge?
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 12th 2010 06:19AM
Despite on-going negotiations to bring Jennifer Lopez on as an 'American Idol' judge, FOX may have kicked her to the curb, PEOPLE reports. "Her demands got out of hand," says the source. "Fox had just had enough." Last week, sources told PopEater's Rob Shuter that Lopez was only offered the job after several big-name celebrities, including Elton John and Barry Manilow, turned down offers to be permanent judges. "J.Lo was definitely not the first choice," an 'Idol' insider told PopEater. "In fact, she wasn't even the second or third choice."
After Ellen DeGeneres announced her 'American Idol' departure, TMZ reported that Kara DioGuardi had "been fired," citing sources connected with the show's negotiations for next season, which will mark the singing competition's tenth installment.
"We're told the show will be going back to a three-judge format and assuming all deals are finalized, the judge's panel will consist of Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler," TMZ writes, adding that Kara's only chance at staying on 'Idol' is "if the J-Lo deal falls apart -- but we're told that deal is done."
FOX had been pursuing a number of celebrities as potential judges, including Aerosmith's Tyler. No word on who will replace Lopez.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Lopez
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Lopez Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Easy Rider' chopper going up for auction next month
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- Julianna Margulies, Jimmy Fallon Perform Hysterical Musical Morning Announcements Skit
- Jennifer Garner, Reese Witherspoon, Jake Gyllenhaal Reveal What Fans Say to Them on the Street, "You're So Much Prettier in Person"
- Sarah Palin Goes Without Makeup, Says She Looks Like a "Sheepdog"
- Lyle Menendez Living As A Gay Man In Prison, Jail Mate Claims ? Wife Rebecca Sneed Is ?Hysterical' Over News
- Fumble, B? Beyonce Caught In ‘Lip Synch’ Scandal ? WATCH The Tell-Tale Tapes