'Glee' Star Lea Michele Loves Her 'Jewish Nose'
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 13th 2010 12:00PM
Although Lea Michele may be channeling Britney Spears for an upcoming episode of 'Glee,' she says she's never felt pressure to look like the pop princess.
In a recent interview, the brunette beauty credits being raised by an Italian mom and Jewish dad with boosting her body confidence.
"I come from a big Italian family and the pressure is not really anything I've been raised to feel," Michele, 23, says, according to an Us Weekly report.
"I've always been proud of my body, my Jewish nose and all of that. Hollywood's Hollywood, but that's not going to change."
Still, the Broadway-trained star admits she was somewhat surprised to land a role on the hit Fox series. "I never really thought there would be a place on television for me," Michele, who plays spoiled diva Rachel Berry on 'Glee,' told the Daily News last year.
"I have a very specific look. I'm Jewish. I'm Italian."
Growing up, the Bronx-born actress noticed that there weren't many girls on TV who looked like her. But that didn't make Michele any less proud of her appearance -- instead, she drew inspiration from another New York native who started out on the stage and went on to become a movie and music superstar.
"I remember looking up to Barbara Streisand, and thinking, 'Finally, someone who has a Jewish nose, who didn't get a nose job,'" says Michele, who hopes that 'Glee' fans feel the same way whenever they see her on screen.
"If that is inspiring and can give young girls a sense of confidence, that's great."
Lea Michele arrives at the 2010 Teen Choice Awards at Gibson Amphitheatre on August 8, 2010 in Universal City, California.
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Lea Michele
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lea Michele Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Michael B. Jordan Slams Racist "Internet Trolls" Who Are Angry About His Fantastic Four Casting As Johnny Storm
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance For Jurassic World Press Tour: "I Am Just Dumb!"
- Delaware Police Rally to Help Fan With Down Syndrome, Cancer Meet Taylor Swift
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Jana Kramer From One Tree Hill & Michael Caussin Are Married—See Their Gorgeous Wedding Photo!
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away