Justin Bieber Contributes to Tenn. Flood Relief
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Aug 13th 2010 07:07AM
Teen pop star Justin Bieber might be young, but he knows a thing or two about giving back. He brought his 'My World' tour to Nashville's Bridgestone Arena Wednesday and donated a portion of every ticket sale to Middle Tennessee flood relief. Concert promoter AEG Live matched the donation. Together with proceeds from last month's show featuring Miranda Cosgrove and Kris Allen at a smaller venue, Bieber presented a check for nearly $33,000 to The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.
Bieber says, "Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, and you know Nashville, there's so much music history here."
Record flooding in May killed 22 people statewide and caused more than $2 billion in damage in Nashville alone.
Justin Bieber Snapshots
Justin Bieber performs at Bridgestone Arena on August 11, 2010 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Justin Bieber
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Bieber Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lynn Anderson, singer of 'Rose Garden,' dead at 67
- Is Hilary Swank dating 'Bachelorette' contestant Kasey Stewart?
- 'Office' star Creed Bratton will eat his dog if you don't see his show
- Zoe Saldana Flaunts Toned Abs in Gym Selfie, Encourages Moms Everywhere!
- George Lopez Addresses 'Celebrity Apprentice' Hosting Rumors
- Whitney Cummings Goes Topless After 25-Pound Weight Gain