'So You Think You Can Dance' Winner, Plus Ellen DeGeneres Rocks Out
By AOL TV Editors Posted Aug 13th 2010 07:29AM
Last night, the final episode of this season's 'So You Think You Can Dance' named its winner. But before we get to that, let's talk about the show's extra special (and unexpected) guest. Ellen DeGeneres showed up for a special performance with Twitch, and did a hip-hop dance routine. Then, we finally learned who the actual winner of the show was. It was down to Kent and Lauren. Who took home the prize? The answer is ...
Lauren Froderman had all the right moves on 'So You Think You Can Dance,' so viewer votes awarded the 18-year-old recent high school graduate from Phoenix the title of "America's Favorite Dancer" and the $250,000 grand prize.
Froderman bested 18-year-old runner-up Kent Boyd of Wapakoneta, Ohio, and 19-year-old third-place finisher Robert Roldan of Thousand Oaks, Calif., on the Fox dancing contest's live finale Thursday.
"I have been working my whole life for something like this," Froderman said.
The bubbly contemporary jazz dancer was best known for her ability to pick up other styles, effortlessly taking on hip-hop, ballroom and Bollywood routines throughout the seventh season. She also deftly tackled a wardrobe malfunction -- a dangly broken dress strap -- while performing a Broadway number during the third week of competition.
Before Froderman's crowning, the finale featured performances from dance troop Quest Crew, 7-year-old tap dancer Luke Spring and a duet between hip-hop dancer Stephen "Twitch" Boss and talk show host Ellen DeGeneres. The former 'American Idol' judge held her own in the fast-pumping, therapy-themed routine set to 'Outta Your Mind' by Lil' Jon and LMFAO.
"As a joke, I said this would be fun to do," said DeGeneres.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Is Officially a Soccer Mom: New North West Photos!
- Avril Lavigne Wants to Make Movies, Has a Pizza Named After Her: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Caitlyn Jenner's Conservative Views Concern Transgender Friends in New I Am Cait Sneak Peek: Watch
- Family feud in evidence at Bobbi Kristina funeral
- Wrestling legend Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Bill Nye the Science Guy Reads Mean Tweets and Fires Back at Global Warming Skeptics—Watch Now!
- Zayn Malik Breaks His Silence on One Direction's New Single "Drag Me Down"
- Lance Bass Thanks Firefighters Who Helped "Save Our Neighborhood" After Flames Reach His Backyard—Watch!