Zsa Zsa Gabor Returns to the Hospital
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 13th 2010 05:04PM
Gabor returned home Wednesday night after spending four weeks at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. The 93-year-old actress was swarmed by photographers as medics ferried her from the ambulance into her Bel Air home.
Gabor had been hospitalized at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center since she broke her hip July 17. The actress's condition began to deteriorate after hip-replacement surgery days later, and she remained hospitalized for the following three weeks. On Tuesday, Gabor's publicist announced the actress had an infection.
Throughout her hospital stay, there were a series of conflicting reports intimating that she was near death (fueled by her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt) as well as "going strong" (daughter Constance Francesca Hilton).
Gabor was originally hospitalized in July after she fell out of bed while watching TV in her home in Bel-Air, California. Gabor has been partially paralyzed since a 2002 car accident and had a stroke five years ago -- Blanchette describes her as "pretty much bedridden and wheelchair-bound for the last eight years."
"She's fragile, but she's still very bright -- she still makes me laugh," Blanchette said of recent visits with Gabor. "Her faculties are intact, but her body's failing her."
The New York Times refers to Gabor as "the prototypical 'professional celebrity': famous merely for being famous." Prototypical indeed -- who can't name one or five of those types today?
Zsa Zsa Snapshots
Zsa Zsa Gabor holds up a beaded purse removed from a 30-year-old trunk belonging to Marilyn Monroe at Planet Hollywood in Beverly Hills, April 10,1996. Check out more pics of the star >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Suing Auction House Over Bruce Lee Poster
- Christian Louboutin to Open at the Brentwood Country Mart (Exclusive)
- Lionsgate CEO's Pay Jumped to $63.6 Million in Fiscal 2014
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'