Zsa Zsa Gabor Returns to the Hospital
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 13th 2010 05:04PM
Gabor returned home Wednesday night after spending four weeks at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. The 93-year-old actress was swarmed by photographers as medics ferried her from the ambulance into her Bel Air home.
Gabor had been hospitalized at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center since she broke her hip July 17. The actress's condition began to deteriorate after hip-replacement surgery days later, and she remained hospitalized for the following three weeks. On Tuesday, Gabor's publicist announced the actress had an infection.
Throughout her hospital stay, there were a series of conflicting reports intimating that she was near death (fueled by her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt) as well as "going strong" (daughter Constance Francesca Hilton).
Gabor was originally hospitalized in July after she fell out of bed while watching TV in her home in Bel-Air, California. Gabor has been partially paralyzed since a 2002 car accident and had a stroke five years ago -- Blanchette describes her as "pretty much bedridden and wheelchair-bound for the last eight years."
"She's fragile, but she's still very bright -- she still makes me laugh," Blanchette said of recent visits with Gabor. "Her faculties are intact, but her body's failing her."
The New York Times refers to Gabor as "the prototypical 'professional celebrity': famous merely for being famous." Prototypical indeed -- who can't name one or five of those types today?
Zsa Zsa Snapshots
Zsa Zsa Gabor holds up a beaded purse removed from a 30-year-old trunk belonging to Marilyn Monroe at Planet Hollywood in Beverly Hills, April 10,1996. Check out more pics of the star >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- U.K. TV Groups Rare, BabyGrand Launch Joint Venture
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Says Goodbye to 'Mean Girls' Actor
- Sony Pictures Television Takes Stake in Israeli Telenovela Channels
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores