Is Levi Johnston Kevin Federline 2.0?
By Jo Piazza Posted Aug 14th 2010 01:00PM
We can't believe it took us this long to answer a question that has been right in front of our eyes all summer long. Is Levi Johnston the new Kevin Federline?
Yes, he is! Let's examine the evidence.
Exhibit A: Both come from humble backgrounds and both used their trashy sex appeal to snag a lady above their station. Federline was born to a bank teller and a car mechanic and dropped out of high school in the ninth grade to pursue a career as a backup dancer. Her soon put his moves to the test when he bumped and grinded his way into Britney Spears' life. The rest is history. Levi Johnston dropped out of high school in his junior year to work as an an apprentice electrician. He was soon wrapped up in the political whirlwind of his almost mother-in-law Sarah Palin's vice presidential campaign and forced to quit his job as an electrician. Woe is not Levi though. He has since been able to use the Palin fame to propel himself to E-list celebrity.
Exhibit B: Neither Kevin or Levi is a proponent of safe sex, as evidenced by Kevin's two illegitimate children with ex-girlfriend Shar Jackson (and two babies in two years with Britney) and Levi's meteoric rise to fame as Bristol Palin's baby daddy.
Exhibit C: Both men manipulated the more famous woman in their life to increase their own notoriety. For Kevin that moment was coercing Britney to appear in the shortlived gutwrenching reality series 'Chaotic' and for Levi, it was convincing Bristol Palin they were engaged for a whole five minutes...just long enough for them to snag the cover of US Weekly and for Levi to announce he would be filming his own reality television show.
Exhibit D: They share the great American dream of reality television fame. Kevin Federline went on to join 'Celebrity Fit Club' in what will most likely just be the first in a series of celebrity self-help reality competitions for the famous ex-husband. Levi is currently shopping his reality show, 'Loving Levi: The Road to the Mayor's Office,' in which he runs for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska.
Exhibit E: They use music videos to document their personal angst. Federline's 'Lose Control' video displayed the difficulties of marrying a superstar and living in the media maelstrom of the 24/7 celebrity news cycle. Next month, Levi will begin shooting a music video with singer-songwriter Brittani Senser, based on Senser's tune, 'After Love.' In the video Johnston will play a young lover whose romance is thwarted by his girlfriend's disapproving mother.
The evidence has been right in front of us this whole time. Kevin and Levi, Levi and Kevin...they're obviously brothers from another mother.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pierce Brosnan's Son Dylan, Val Kilmer's Son Jack Work What Their Papas Gave Them for Saint Laurent Campaign: Photos
- Students Are Tweeting Thanks to Michelle Obama With Pics Of Gross Cafeteria Food -- See the Meals!
- Jennifer Aniston: I Bared My Butt Way "Way Before" Kim Kardashian, "I Was an Original"
- Lucky Break! ?RHONJ' Stars Jacqueline & Chris Laurita Get Reprieve In Bankruptcy Trial As Judge Approves Extension
- Kimye's Fault? Anna Wintour's NYC ?Vogue' Offices Hit With Disgusting Rat Infestation: ‘Rat Droppings On Desks’
- Three Bill Cosby stand-up performances canceled
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- The Queen Latifah Show Cancelled After Two Seasons, Host Thanks Her Fans and Crew
- The Duggars Promote Their Own Petition to Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC Following Backlash
- Matthew McConaughey Was Robbed of Another Sexiest Man Alive Title (Or So Says Stephen Colbert!)