Matchmaker Patti Stanger Breaks Off Engagement
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 15th 2010 09:07AM
'Millionaire Matchmaker' Patti Stanger is officially back on the market after she broke off her engagement with real estate executive Andy Friedman on Saturday. "I just ended my relationship with Andy. It hit me really hard that I want kids in my life. You have to agree on the non-negotiables," she confirmed on Twitter.
Last May, the reality matchmaking star got engaged when Friedman presented her with a 4-carat heart shaped diamond in a white-gold setting. He popped the question in Maui on May 31 -- her birthday. Stanger admits she didn't know he was "the one" at first. "I didn't know. He was my best friend. He just slid into third base. He is one of those guys," she told PopEater back in March.
The couple met five and a half years ago through another matchmaker.
Stanger is bringing her matching-making skills to the Big Apple for the fourth season of Bravo's 'Millionaire Matchmaker.' She will continue to set up wealthy clients in hopes of finding them true love. But the dating scene in New York is "bare" compared to Los Angeles, where she filmed the first two seasons of her hit Bravo reality series. With a limited supply of "hot women" and male "hunters" in NYC, Stanger tells PopEater that season 3 will focus more on the millionairesses.
Watch PopEater's exclusive interview with Patti Stanger:
Patti Stanger Snapshots
'Millionaire Matchmaker' Patti Stanger shows off her slimmed down figure in New York on July 2.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chelsea Handler Touts Middle East Peace, Goes Topless and Wears Only Star of David Pasties in Israel While Riding a Camel
- Minions Get Naked, Go Streaking in Super Bowl XLIX Ad -- Watch the Craziness Here!
- Kim Kardashian: Jennifer Lawrence "Screamed" When She Saw Me, Loves My Family's Show
- Keira Knightley: I'm a spelling error
- Blake Shelton to make movie debut in Adam Sandler Western spoof
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli getting hitched?
- President Barack Obama Proves He Has Plenty of "Uptown Funk" While Singing Bruno Mars' Hit Single
- Lara Bingle's Baby Bump Makes Its Debut—See the Pic!
- Rest Easy, Jeff Bridges' Sleeping Tapes Album Is Here and There's a Super Bowl Commercial to Go With It: Watch the Teaser!