Matchmaker Patti Stanger Breaks Off Engagement
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 15th 2010 09:07AM
'Millionaire Matchmaker' Patti Stanger is officially back on the market after she broke off her engagement with real estate executive Andy Friedman on Saturday. "I just ended my relationship with Andy. It hit me really hard that I want kids in my life. You have to agree on the non-negotiables," she confirmed on Twitter.
Last May, the reality matchmaking star got engaged when Friedman presented her with a 4-carat heart shaped diamond in a white-gold setting. He popped the question in Maui on May 31 -- her birthday. Stanger admits she didn't know he was "the one" at first. "I didn't know. He was my best friend. He just slid into third base. He is one of those guys," she told PopEater back in March.
The couple met five and a half years ago through another matchmaker.
Stanger is bringing her matching-making skills to the Big Apple for the fourth season of Bravo's 'Millionaire Matchmaker.' She will continue to set up wealthy clients in hopes of finding them true love. But the dating scene in New York is "bare" compared to Los Angeles, where she filmed the first two seasons of her hit Bravo reality series. With a limited supply of "hot women" and male "hunters" in NYC, Stanger tells PopEater that season 3 will focus more on the millionairesses.
Watch PopEater's exclusive interview with Patti Stanger:
Patti Stanger Snapshots
'Millionaire Matchmaker' Patti Stanger shows off her slimmed down figure in New York on July 2.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 19 Kids and Counting Documents Jill Duggard's Emergency C-Section and Dramatic Birth of Baby Israel
- Real Housewives of New York City Recap: Sonja Morgan Spars With Ramona, Gets Advice From Bethenny
- New Girl Season 5 Will Return With An Engagement Party and Guest Stars Including Fred Armisen and Taran Killam
- Ellen Albertini Dow, 'Wedding Singer' rapper, dies at 101
- LoCash: Country music is not just for the South
- Stars without the warpaint