Mel Gibson Crashes Car in Malibu
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 16th 2010 12:15PM
Mel Gibson crashed his car in Malibu on Sunday night. The actor lost control of his vehicle and struck a rocky hillside, sources tell TMZ.
"For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside. He stopped his car at the scene and was contacted by officers from the West Valley CHP Area," the report reads. "Mr. Gibson supplied all the pertinent information to the officers at the scene, gave a statement, and received a ride home from a friend."
Enough damage was done to Gibson's 2008 Maserati that it had to be towed from the scene of the accident. Mel himself was fine. Police inform TMZ that alcohol was not a factor.
A rep for the actor told PEOPLE, "He's fine."
Gibson told an officer on the scene he was not talking on phone and had not dozed off.
"There were no objective symptoms of intoxication, any level of impairment and we've ruled out speeding as well based on the damage to the car, which was moderate," California Highway Patrol spokesman Leland Tang tells PEOPLE. "Mr. Gibson was alert, oriented and cooperative."
Tang added, "I don't know how the car left the roadway. This has been ruled an accident. It could've happened to anyone."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian nearly nude at 2015 Met Gala, as is Beyonce
- Joan Collins: Dad taught me to never trust fame
- Lauryn Hill cancels Israel show after failing to schedule Ramallah concert
- Watch 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Get Ruthlessly Mocked in New Honest Trailer
- Producers Guild of America Pacts With Guilds in South Africa and Malaysia
- Cannes: Alec Baldwin, John Cleese, James Franco Join Voice Cast on 'Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad'
- Will Poulter to Play Pennywise in Cary Fukunaga's 'It'
- 'Game of Thrones' Reimagined as 'Real Housewives of King's Landing'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Recap: America Chooses Well (So Far)