Bankrupt 'Housewife' Teresa Giudice Goes on $60K Shopping Spree
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 17th 2010 09:40AM
Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe owe creditors nearly $11 million in various debts, but new evidence proves the couple went on a $60,000 shopping spree not long after they filed for bankruptcy, NY Post reports. New court records claim the pair spent $8,800 on curtains and nearly $45,000 on wall hangings, mirrors, frames, tables, urns and chairs.The evidence came to light after the couple tried to convince a Newark federal bankruptcy judge to stop the planned Aug. 22 auction of their personal belongings.
Judge Morris Stern refused to stop the auction, but postponed it until Oct. 3.
"These were not Ikea-purchased furniture items," Stern said. "These were from high-end design stores."
In papers filed in Newark Federal Court, the Guidices claim to only make $79,000 a year, and are unable to handle the foreclosures and hefty credit card bills.
The court document lists their money woes in detail:
► The bank has moved to foreclose on their $1.8 million home in Towaco, NJ.
► Banks have taken their Jersey Shore house along with another home in Lincoln Park, NJ.
► Teresa owes $12,000 to a fertility clinic.
► They've defaulted on payments for their Escalade.
► Joe personally owes $5 million to former partners of real estate deals.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Teresa Giudice
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Teresa Giudice Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift, Lorde Pal Around New York City: See the Goofy Picture
- Teresa, Joe Giudice Celebrate Daughter Gia's Cheerleading Win After Pleading Guilty to Fraud Charges: Pictures
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Watches The Voice
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Jennifer Aniston Says She Would Like to Trade Bodies With Gisele Bündchen, Admits She's Not a Fan of Selfies
- Teresa and Joe Giudice Cheer on Daughter at Cheerleading Competition After Pleading Guilty to Fraud Charges
- Taylor Swift and Lorde Enjoy Girls' Day in New York City