Bankrupt 'Housewife' Teresa Giudice Goes on $60K Shopping Spree
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 17th 2010 09:40AM
Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe owe creditors nearly $11 million in various debts, but new evidence proves the couple went on a $60,000 shopping spree not long after they filed for bankruptcy, NY Post reports. New court records claim the pair spent $8,800 on curtains and nearly $45,000 on wall hangings, mirrors, frames, tables, urns and chairs.The evidence came to light after the couple tried to convince a Newark federal bankruptcy judge to stop the planned Aug. 22 auction of their personal belongings.
Judge Morris Stern refused to stop the auction, but postponed it until Oct. 3.
"These were not Ikea-purchased furniture items," Stern said. "These were from high-end design stores."
In papers filed in Newark Federal Court, the Guidices claim to only make $79,000 a year, and are unable to handle the foreclosures and hefty credit card bills.
The court document lists their money woes in detail:
► The bank has moved to foreclose on their $1.8 million home in Towaco, NJ.
► Banks have taken their Jersey Shore house along with another home in Lincoln Park, NJ.
► Teresa owes $12,000 to a fertility clinic.
► They've defaulted on payments for their Escalade.
► Joe personally owes $5 million to former partners of real estate deals.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Teresa Giudice
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Teresa Giudice Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Gwen Stefani's Dad Gets Temporary Restraining Order to Protect Family From Alleged Stalker
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!