Jonathan Cheban & Simon Huck Invite You to Join 'The Spin Crowd'
By Amber James Posted Aug 19th 2010 01:15PM
With Kim Kardashian serving as an executive producer on the show, Cheban and Huck know they're in good hands. "It's just a dream. She is the most professional, supportive executive producer you could ever hope for," Huck gushes.
The dynamic duo filled us in on the season's drama and why it's actually pretty difficult to convince Mario Lopez to become a spokesperson for self-tanner.
When the show first aired in February, did you have any idea it would explode into this overnight sensation?
Cheban: The pilot actually aired the day of my birthday, so we were watching it at Phillipe at my birthday dinner. I was so overwhelmed. But it wasn't until the next day, when the numbers came in, that it really hit me how many people were actually watching.
Huck: It's crazy. This idea came up about three years ago, but you have to go through so many steps. We filmed two different pilots. But when the show finally aired, everything was rapid fire ... It probably didn't hurt that Kourtney Kardashain giving birth was the episode that aired right before our pilot. Oh gosh, she was like 'The Lion King' bringing that child into the world. [Laughs]
On the show, sometimes you two are best buddies and other times you both really duke it out.
Huck: Yeah. Our personalities are so different, but that's why we work so well together. At the end of the day, I usually let the craziness go on and move forward.
Cheban: After a week, you forget the cameras are even there. You zone out and get in fights. It's all real. My buttons get pushed really easily because I have a short fuse ... We might have our moments, but at the end of the day, Simon and I work really well together.
There are rumors about relationship drama with some of the women in the office. Can you dish?
Huck: There is definitely drama. When you put a bunch of female publicists together, it can be a hot mess!
Mel B made an appearance in the first episode that aired in February. What other stars will be showing up this season?
Cheban: Yeah. We really aren't suppose to talk about the celebs yet.
Huck: Who can we say? Kelly Osbourne. Mario Lopez.
Cheban: We just want everyone to be really surprised. There are a lot of cameos.
Simon, in the preview, you're trying to get Mario Lopez to become the face of some self-tanner. He doesn't look too enthusiastic.
Huck: [Laughs] He was not sold in the tanning arena. He does have a great tan to begin with, but I really had to over sell.
Do you two have a dream client?
Huck: I love having clients who aren't based in the United States, strictly for travel purposes. I'm dying to do some fabulous event in Paris. I'm always thinking like, "How can we get ourselves to Dubai?" Anything that involves me leaving the United States is a dream.
Cheban: I would love Bentley to be one of our clients. I'll take the Phantom out for a few months.
MORE ABOUT Kim Kardashian
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kim Kardashian Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Is Showstopper In Plunging Dress at Las Vegas 34th Birthday Bash: Pictures
- Anna Kendrick Dazzles in New Kate Spade Holiday Ad Campaign: See the Behind-the-Scenes Pictures!
- Sugar Bear Visits Mama June's House After TLC Announces Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancellation
- Royal Health Update: Kate Middleton ?Is Continuing To Improve,' Says Palace Rep
- Home Invasion! Palm Springs ‘Hollywood Vacation Paradise’ Terrorized By Stalker, He’s ‘On The Loose,’ Says PD
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!