Steven Tyler Tells Friend He's an 'American Idol' Judge
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a friend of Steven Tyler told the Associated Press that the Aerosmith frontman is confirmed as a judge on the upcoming season of 'American Idol.'
"While an official announcement about Tyler has yet to come from FOX and the producers of the top-rated show, the source told The Associated Press on Wednesday, 'there is no reason to refute' Tyler's account," the AP writes.
FOX did not comment on the report. Stay tuned to PopEater for developments!
Ellen DeGeneres left 'Idol' after just one season, announcing her departure weeks ago. Shortly after the report, news arrived that Kara DioGuardi had been fired -- and that Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler looked like the replacements. While J.Lo has since reportedly been nixed, Tyler is now all but confirmed.
Has 'American Idol' run its course? PopEater asked New Yorkers -- see the video:
► Steven Tyler Replacing Kara DioGuardi on 'American Idol'?
► The Only Way to Save 'American Idol'? Start Over
► The 'Dawg' Speaks! Randy Jackson on 'American Idol' Rumors
► Ellen DeGeneres Departs 'American Idol'
MORE ABOUT Steven Tyler
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Steven Tyler Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 45 Million Instagram Followers With, You Guessed It, a Cleavage Shot
- Bryan Cranston: Being Famous "Is Almost Like Being a Pregnant Woman"
- Sandra Bullock's Boyfriend Bryan Randall Is a "Free Spirit," "Amazing With Kids," Ex-Girlfriend's Mom Says
- Dean Jones, boyish Disney star, dies at 84
- Avril Lavigne announces separation from husband Chad Kroeger
- Robert Redford, Nick Nolte's friendship shines through in 'A Walk in the Woods'
- Sandra Bullock's Boyfriend Bryan Randall Can't Stop Gushing About His New Leading Lady—Get the Scoop!
- Blake Lively Reveals the "Fit Dude" Responsible for Her Post-Baby Body: He Knows "How to Kick My Butt"
- Julianne Hough Gushes About Engagement to Brooks Laich! Plus, Is She Already Planning the Wedding?