Steven Tyler Tells Friend He's an 'American Idol' Judge
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a friend of Steven Tyler told the Associated Press that the Aerosmith frontman is confirmed as a judge on the upcoming season of 'American Idol.'
"While an official announcement about Tyler has yet to come from FOX and the producers of the top-rated show, the source told The Associated Press on Wednesday, 'there is no reason to refute' Tyler's account," the AP writes.
FOX did not comment on the report. Stay tuned to PopEater for developments!
Ellen DeGeneres left 'Idol' after just one season, announcing her departure weeks ago. Shortly after the report, news arrived that Kara DioGuardi had been fired -- and that Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler looked like the replacements. While J.Lo has since reportedly been nixed, Tyler is now all but confirmed.
Has 'American Idol' run its course? PopEater asked New Yorkers -- see the video:
► Steven Tyler Replacing Kara DioGuardi on 'American Idol'?
► The Only Way to Save 'American Idol'? Start Over
► The 'Dawg' Speaks! Randy Jackson on 'American Idol' Rumors
► Ellen DeGeneres Departs 'American Idol'
MORE ABOUT Steven Tyler
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Steven Tyler Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers Remains "On Life Support," Daughter Melissa Rivers Says in New Statement
- Lark Voorhies Looks Unrecognizable in Strange Makeup in Rare Public Appearance
- Joan Rivers' Fashion Police Taping Canceled as Doctors Assess Potential Brain Damage: Report
- Joan Rivers on life support, family confirms
- Charlize Theron: My body's not perfect
- Jason Aldean announces new album 'Old Boots, New Dirt' with track listing
- Emmy Rossum Admits "Texting Can Be Dangerous," Talks Having Sex on the First Date
- Mindy Kaling Has Babies on the Brain at Age 35: "If I Want to Have Three Kids, I Need to Get Going"
- Madonna's Son Rocco Takes Brother and Sister Back to School—See the Cute Pic!